Tag: wheelchair heavy duty
The Best Heavy Duty Wheelchairs In 2020
Are you looking for a great heavy-duty wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying ultra lightweight wheelchairs, please click here.
Does your wheelchair make you uncomfortable and cramped? Do you constantly feel that you are shrugging to move from one point to the next? Well is this is the case then a heavy-duty wheelchair may be the solution. If there is one thing that’s as important as mobility for a wheelchair user then it’s their comfort and safety. Thankfully, with the best heavy-duty wheelchair you’ll not only feel safe but also be able to move from one point to another with a lot of ease.
Although regular wheelchairs can carry up to 300lbs, users whose weights exceed this need a heavy-duty wheelchair for their mobility purposes. As a matter of fact, some of the best wheelchair for a heavy person can carry even up to 700 lbs. The seats of these wheelchairs are also wide enough such that they can be able to accommodate bigger users. Also, due to their reinforced upholstery, wheels and frames heavy-duty, wheelchairs are much more durable as compared to other wheelchairs out there.
Why use a heavy-duty wheelchair
Anyone who wishes to maintain their independence values their mobility. The best heavy-duty wheelchair will give the wheelchair user to move around. With this wheelchair, users can always go shopping, visit friends and attend to their other activities with relative ease. This greater mobility means that they will also enjoy greater social interaction which is very important for maintaining good quality health and good mental health so they can always enjoy life the way they want. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
It’s not just the increased mobility that normally comes with heavy-duty wheelchairs. With the best drive heavy-duty wheelchair there is also the possibility of increased security and comfort for the users. This is because the wheelchairs are designed specifically to accommodate the increased size of the user and offer them a comfortable experience. This is possible since the chair is constructed in such a way that it takes care of both the weight and size of the user.
These chairs are designed for security and comfort
The backs and seats of these chairs are also designed in such a way that that they provide extra reinforcement. They are also made through the use of upholstery and heavyweight material. Since they are much bigger than a typical normal wheelchair, they allow the user greater comfort and additional support for their upper and lower back and their sitting position. The backrest and seats can also be tilted so as to take into account an individual’s centre of gravity and provide them with the support that they need. For more information about this check out www.nationalwheelchiarservices.co.uk
Tiling the backrest of these heavy-duty wheelchairs is also important for those who may wish may be suffering from cardiovascular or other pulmonary issues hence needs a particular position that can help them to breathe much better. Since these wheelchairs are made to last you can always expect them to last more than the other regular wheelchairs out there. Their whole design including the foot and leg rests have been made with the larger users in mind. This means the users’ comfort and safety in the top propriety in every stage of making these wheelchairs. While lightweight wheelchairs are usually made from lighter metals such as aluminium, heavy-duty ones are crafted from steel for improved resistance.
Common features of heavy-duty wheelchairs
Since heavy-duty wheelchairs come with unique features they are quite different from the other wheelchairs out there. Here are some of the features that they have.
Seat depth and widths
As compared to conventional wheelchairs heavy-duty wheelchairs come with seat widths that range from 20 to 30 inches depending on the model that you’ve chosen. Also depending on the model their seat depths also range from about 18 inches to 24 inches.
These wheelchairs also have seat heights that range from 15 inches to 22 inches depending on the model.
The back height of a heavy-duty wheelchair also ranges between 16 to 26 inches that also depends on the model but can also be adjusted.
Frames, weight, and capacities
Due to their structure and size, heavy-duty wheelchairs will fold from side to side. However the really high weight capacity wheelchairs are more likely to come with solid frames.
Casters, frames, and wheels
The rear wheels of these wheelchairs are also made of tires that are around 24 inches in size. Although there are also airs tires these are not usually recommended for these wheelchairs.
Although axle plates are not common for these types of wheelchairs there is one model that provides them as an option.
Heavy-duty wheelchairs brakes are typically conventional push to lock or pull to lock with several models providing brake extensions as an option.
Armrests for can, adjustable height or fixed height but normally most of them will be removable.
According to National Wheelchair Services, these type of wheelchairs usually provides 60 degrees conventional leg rests or elevating footrests. However, there are also some versions that provide 80 degrees or 70 degrees versions.
How to take care of heavy-duty wheelchair
If you weight a lot then heavy-duty wheelchairs for sale are your ticket to mobility. With proper maintenance and care, you can always make the most of it and reduce any mishaps that might occur along the way. With proper care, these wheelchairs are meant to last so they can provide you with what you need as a user. Understanding some basic aspects is therefore very important for taking good care of them.
How often should you maintain a heavy-duty wheelchair?
Well, the maintenance of a heavy-duty wheelchair generally depends on the model and the kind of use that you subject it to. As a wheelchair user, you need to understand that certain features of the wheelchair are subject to wear and tear hence must always be in the best condition so in order to ensure that they work well. As a general rule, it’s important to check the tire of the wheelchair every month together with the breaks so you can be sure that they are in good working condition.
It’s also advisable to have a look at the quick release system of the wheelchair and the anti-tip system as well as cleaning of the wheelchair frame so you can ensure that you maintain them in very good condition. Correctly maintaining the wheelchair should also entail a once in a while check by a supplier who is familiar with the different features of your heavy-duty wheelchair. The wheelchair service provider can also assist you with several maintenance issues that you need for your wheelchair to work well.
Is a heavy-duty wheelchair right for you?
If you weigh in excess of 100 pounds and your BMI is more than 30 then a heavy-duty wheelchair may be the right wheelchair for your needs. Typically, you may also be suffering from cardiopulmonary conditions, cardiovascular disease and osteoarthritis of the lower extremities. More so, it’s also possible that such a wheelchair could be used by those who are suffering from severe muscle weaknesses resulting from musculoskeletal and neuromuscular.
Examples of these conditions may include Huntington’s disease, muscular dystrophy, spinal cord injuries, and multiple sclerosis. In some instances, those with higher weight and muscle weaknesses could create additional risks when using normal wheelchairs for their everyday needs. A heavy-duty wheelchair is, therefore, built to overcome these and to ensure that these users are always comfortable and safe.
Some of the most important parts to check out
Since you’ll be using your lightweight heavy-duty wheelchair out a lot it’s very important to always check the brakes and make sure that they are in good working condition. While doing this you need to pay attention to the functionality and the fit of these. One of the most common issues is when the wheelchair wheels are not moving smoothly or just moving from left to right. To prevent this, you need to check that the angle and the play of the wheelchair are properly adjusted and are working in the best way possible.
If you are having a heavy-duty wheelchair then it’s recommended that you check the breaks at least once a week. This is because you are much better placed to determine any issues that your wheelchair might be having. The braking efficiency of these wheelchairs can always be destroyed by incorrectly placing the parts or by having tires with low pressure. It’s, therefore, very important to check out these before you can settle on any one issue. Before you can use your wheelchair you need to check out these to ensure that your wheelchair brakes are working well.
Inner tubes and tires
It’s very important for the maintenance and mobility of the wheelchair that the inner tubes and tires are in good shape before you can go out with your wheelchair. Having the correct tire pressure is also important if you want to enjoy the best possible performance. If your wheelchair pressure is too low then you likely require more effort to move your wheelchair. On the same not note if the pressure is too high your wheelchair tires are likely to burst. In most instances, the recommendedtire pressure is usually printed on the wheelchair tire hence you should not get confused about this. Since wheelchairs tires are just the same as those used on bicycles taking care of them follows the same procedure.
Keeping the battery in good working condition in case you have an electric heavy-duty wheelchair
If you want to ensure that your heavy-duty wheelchair is kept in good working condition for long then you need to charge the batteries as frequent as possible. Even if you are not using your heavy-duty wheelchair frequently it’s still very important to charge the batteries as frequently as possible so you can prevent any damage or deterioration. Naturally replacing the batteries according to schedule is also very important in ensuring that the wheelchair battery continues to work well for long.
The good thing is that most of these wheelchairs come with maintenance manuals that you can always use for the batteries. Before anything, you need to have a look at the battery manual so you can understand how you can always take good care of them. Apart from carefully reading the manual, you should always refer to it periodically so you know whether you are doing the correct thing or not. Knowing the basic parts of your power wheelchair and how they work is also very important if you want to ensure that your heavy-duty wheelchair batteries are always in good condition.
Summary or key maintenance tips that you should keep in mind
• Make sure that you check your heavy-duty wheelchair tires ever month.
• You need to make sure that the brakes are functioning well every time before stepping out with your heavy-duty wheelchair. The best way to do this is by paying attention to the fittings of the break.
• After every 4 months, you need to ensure that the screws and bolts of your wheelchair are fitted well and are in good working condition. You should also ensure that all the joints have safety locking bolts.
• Use mild detergent to clean the frame of the wheelchair. The cushion and backrest should only be cleaned with soap and water. If you are not sure how to go about this then you need to contact the manufacturer’s manual.
• Use only original parts. In case there is some issue with the wheelchair make sure you use only original parts to repair it.
• If you are planning to store your wheelchair for a long time then you need to cover it will so you can protect it from the sun and ensure that it’s kept well at room temperature. This way it will always remain in good working condition for long. It’s very important to know this when looking for wheelchairs for sale.
Check out today’s top 10 heavy duty wheelchairs deals below…
- 24" Extra Wide Seat 50 Stone Max weight Folds away for easy storage
- Large 24 inch puncture proof rear wheel Padded elevating leg rests Strong Nylon seat Flip up arm rests
- Folded Dimensions (legs removed) 78cm x 26cm x 95cm Seat height: 50cm Max Width: 31" wide
- Made from strong steel Parking brake for security and stability Storage pocket
- Self-propelled wheelchair for indoor and moderate outdoor use
- Seat width measures 41cm and wheelchair comes in stylish silver design
- Features quick-release wheels that are removable to make transportation quick and easy
- Compact design is easy to maneuver for patients and caretakers
- Back folds back half way to make reaching easier
- LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINIUM CONSTRUCTION: silver coloured aluminium frame with a single cross brace for stability makes for a lightweight yet durable portable wheelchair
- COMPLETE USER COMFORT: stylish two-tone padded seat and back upholstery offers complete comfort to the user even after long hours of usage
- LONG REACH BRAKES: long reach brakes on the rear wheel are easily accessible to the user and the attendant; cable breaks on transit model are immediately accessible to the attendant
- ADJUSTABLE ARMRESTS: you can adjust the height and angle of the armrests with a simple push button
- HIGH WEIGHT CAPACITY: this portable medical wheelchair is designed for a single user of up to 135 kg
- Heavy gauge steel tubing with double cross bars for extra strength; easily folds as well as back rest to make it more compact for storage and transport
- Seat width: 51cm (20"); Seat depth: 40cm (16"); Seat height: 51cm (20"); Overall Width: 68cm (27"); Maximum user weight: 140kg (22st)
- Swingaway footrest are detachable for compact storage and transfers; moulded armrests provide extra comfort and are also detachable
- Reinforced double thickness upholstery is able to withstand higher user weights
- 1 year parts warranty and 2 year main frame warranty
- Dual, reinforced steel cross braces
- Reinforced steel frame provides added support
- Heavy-duty, nylon reinforced upholstery with a back carry pouch
- Removable, reversible desk length armrests
- Height adjustable footrests
- Larger, reinforced steel frame
- Detachable armrests
- Wipe-clean nylon upholstery
- 32st/203kg weight limit
- Set of two folding ramps
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 1800mm x 225mm x 45mm (Foldable to 900mm)
- Material: A3 steel, zinc coated
- Max. Working load 200kg. Thickness: 1.5mm
- Ideal for loading atv, motorbikes, motocross bikes on & off trailers, into vans, and for wheelchair & scooter access
- 1 second folding, fast folding, can be easily placed in the trunk of various vehicles, can be dragged like a suitcase in the folded state
- The wheelchair is designed with a ergonomic design. The backrest is tilted back 8 degrees. The user rides more comfortably. The honeycomb is hollowed out. The air permeability is strong, the surface is refreshing, and it is easy to remove and wash. It is suitable for winter and summer.
- Humanized control system, the nursing staff can control the wheelchair without pushing hard, greatly reducing the burden of the nursing staff, the controller ramp braking, two-hand braking, double protection, greatly protecting the safety of the user
- High-magnification battery pack, longer battery life, capacity up to 10ah, battery life up to 20km, powerful dual motor drive, single-sided dual motor drive, one-stage helical gear drive, low power loss, easy climbing
- Adjustable reinforced anti-fall belt, more protection, prevent falling down when you fall asleep or faint, use comfortable foam PU sponge, not easy to damage, comfortable and durable, widen aluminum pedal, can prevent users from pedaling Out of the wheelchair, rear anti-rolling wheel, effectively preventing the wheelchair from going uphill is tilting, turning back
- Lightweight and foldable aluminium frame; Escape Lite has been specially designed for ease of transportation and storage
- Attendant-propelled Wheelchair; Height adjustable footrests are swing-away and detachable
- Maximum user weight: Standard & Narrow 100kg (15 3/4 st); Adjustable seat belt included
- Durable padded full length armrests; Foot lever to assist with getting up kerbs; Heel cups on footplates
- 2 year warranty on main frame, 1 year warranty on complete chair
- ?? FEATURES&ADVANTEGES:6"front tires+solid 16" PVC rear tires+fast folding+easy taking with+20"*13.7"(510*350mm)wide seat+200lbs/100kg capacity weight +Non-slip permanent armrest+breathable cushion+braking system+no need install+easy to use/clean+swing away foot pedal+seat belt
- ?? CONVENIENT&ULTRALIGHTWIGHT:The lightweight transport wheelchair frame is made of aluminum alloy.It is just 14.77lbs(6.7kg) weight.Due to its lightweight nature this chair is ideal to travel and can be easily checked on a airplane and loaded aboard in the cargo compartment.You also can put it in the trunk of the car after folding
- ?? FOLDING DESIGN:The compact simple aid wheelchair can be folded easily,which very save space.Folding size:23.62"*18.70"*10.04"(600*475*255mm).The ergonomically designed structure helps you secures body firmly
- ?? BRAKE DEVICE:The self-propelled travel wheelchair has a brake device system,which is very convenient to brake.You can decelerate or stop when downhill.The lock system allows the wheelchair to stand still.So it is very safe/secure
- ?? SUITABLE ANYONE:The durable sturdy medical aid wheelchair is perfect suitable for men,women,elderly,disabled,old people,senior,child,kid,children,adult,teen.Users can use it indoor or outdoor,travel,walk around,restaurant dining,shopping,hospital
www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk - Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Top tips for buying the best wheelchair heavy duty
As compared to other wheelchairs out in the market heavy-duty wheelchairs designed such that they can accommodate a range of weights. Typically these wheelchairs are made for users who need heavy-duty carrying capacity. Here are some of the tips that will help you choose the best one for your needs.
• Know the measurements. Before anything else, you need to take proper measurements of the dimensions of the wheelchair that you are looking for. This is very important since it what’s will determine whether you are comfortable or not. Although heavy-duty wheelchair width is very important it’s not the only thing that will determine whether the wheelchair is comfortable or not. You also need to know the chest, width shoulder and the seat floor of the chair. By having these measurements at hand you’ll be better placed at choosing the best heavyweight wheelchair for your needs.
• Check whether it’s comfortable or not. As a wheelchair user one thing that you don’t want to get a wheelchair that’s not comfortable. It’s, therefore, very important to check out the materials used in the wheelchair so you can purchase only the most comfortable one. Typically, the only choice materials are steel, aluminium, and iron.
• Know the type. Since there is a variety of wheelchairs out there you need to choose one that you know is suitable for your needs. Just understand what you are looking for and ensure that you get the best.
• Requirements. It’s important to know what your heavy-duty wheelchair will come with. Choosing the best accessories will ensure that your heavy-duty wheelchair always work in the best way. From cup holders to all weather bags, walking sticks to other gears there are several things that these chairs come with
• Understand the carrying capacity. Since a heavyweight wheelchair is designed to take care of heavy loads you need to concentrate on the carrying capacity of the wheelchair so you can end up with the best wheelchair. With that said there are several wheelchairs in the market so you need to ensure that you choose one that’s suitable for your needs
• Warranty. As compared to other normal wheelchair heavy duty wheelchairs are a bit expensive. You, therefore, need to consider whether they will come with a warranty of not. This will ensure that in case of anything you’ll not have to worry about the wheelchair as you can take it back to the manufacturer.
Since these wheelchairs can be a bit expensive you need to keep any that you find inside the shopping basket so you can review later. This will ensure that you get the best for your needs.
Check Out Our Other Products...
Tags: best wheelchair for heavy person, drive heavy duty wheelchair, heavy duty electric wheelchair, heavy duty power wheelchair, heavy duty wheelchair, heavy duty wheelchairs, heavy duty wheelchairs for sale, lightweight heavy duty wheelchair, wheelchair heavy duty, wheelchairs heavy duty