The Best Shower Wheelchairs In 2021
Are you looking for a great shower wheelchair bargain? Check out today’s top deals below for the best wheelchairs for sale. Or to read our guide and tips on buying a shower wheelchair bargain, please click here.
The majority of wheelchair users always focus on selecting a wheelchair to fit their needs. But what about their toileting and bathing needs? Well, when it comes to bathing and toileting needs they need to choose the best folding shower wheelchair. These wheelchairs refer to important shower gears for people who cannot walk. Apart from being equipment that moves around, they are also suitable for bathing and toile ring. For more information click www.nationalwheelchairreviews.co.uk
These wheelchairs are also important chairs that add mobility to those who are recovering from paralysis, surgery or are old enough to stand up. Due to this, they are very important gear that one should always have at home. So, if you are looking for a wheelchair that will make it possible for these people to take a shower then they are the best ones to choose from. If you are searching for the best shower wheelchairs click here to read our in-depth reviews.
Benefits of a PVC shower wheelchair
For those who suffer from paralysis or are disabled, taking a shower is not a small task. While bathing is supposed to be a relaxing process, sometimes it can be downright hard. The possibility of getting bumps and bruises and falling down or even ending up in a hospital can make this one of the most dreaded tasks. Here are some of the benefits that one can enjoy by getting the best shower wheelchairs.
• They help improve safety. Do you ever feel afraid of taking a shower? Since the possibility of falling down is ever in your mind using the best shower wheelchair can significantly help you to avoid this. Shower wheelchairs are particularly useful for those who are in a wheelchair, the elderly or even those who find excessive movement difficult and painful. Remember, if you fall while bathing you might end up in a hospital.
• Whether disabled or not hygiene is very important. While travelling, bathing can be one of the hardest things to do. Thankfully when you have your won shower wheelchair you can always take it with your wherever you are. By using your own shower wheelchair you’ll ensure that you take care of your personal hygiene while travelling. This will ensure that you protected from viruses and bacteria that you may get when you use someone’s wheelchair. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
• Shower wheelchairs make you more independent. Regardless of your needs the best shower wheelchair will ensure that you become more independent. Since these shower and bathing wheelchairs have wheels they will help you get to the bathroom. Some of them even have holes that can help you go to the toilet without any issues.
• The best shower wheelchairs will boost the quality of your life. If you want to improve the quality of your life then you need to get the best shower wheelchairs. One of the worst feelings is not being able to do things alone. Thankfully with the best self-propelled shower wheelchair, you’ll be able to do a lot of things including bathing and going to the toilet thereby making you enjoy a very good quality life.
• It’s yours. Since it’s a very good piece of personal equipment to own you can always rely on it. This means at any given time you know that it’s clean, you know the materials it’s made of and how to use them
• It can boost one’s dignity. Most people naturally want to avoid the embarrassment of being taken to the bathroom or toilet by someone else. This is, in fact, the reason why most elderly people are very grumpy while being bathed. A shower wheelchair not only provides comfort and safety but also has one retain their dignity by allowing them to bathe independently. With the best reclining shower, wheelchair bathing can once again become a relaxing enjoyable and completely private affair.
Types of shower wheelchairs
Self-propelled shower wheelchairs
These types of shower wheelchairs are made in such a way that they can be propelled by the user. Since it’s the user who’ll push them they must come with larger wheels. They should also be made in such a way that they are much easier to push. When choosing these wheelchairs you need to check if you can reach the brakes. If you are intending to use the toilet, you also need to confirm whether the wheels will allow you to reach the toilets without any issue. This is because sometimes these chairs can interfere with the tires behind the toilet.
Shower wheelchairs to be pushed by the caregiver
According to the National Wheelchair Services, These types of mobility wheelchairs are meant to be pushed by the caregiver. Since they have smaller caster wheels, it can be a bit difficult to push them or manoeuvre them on certain flood spaces. However, as compared to other shower wheelchairs they usually take a much more small space.
The main components of shower wheelchair for sale
A shower wheelchair is a waterproof wheelchair that’s designed in such a way that it boosts the chances and increases the ease with which an individual can go to the toilet or shower. By allowing the shower to shower without any problem, these types of wheelchairs reduce the number of transfer that these people have to accomplish for them to carry out these important tasks. Although it may sound simple moving from the wheelchair to the bathroom or toilet can be one of the most difficult things to do. A shower wheelchair is, therefore, one of the best options for these people. Here are the main components of a shower wheelchair.
Seat depth and width
The seat of your shower wheelchair should always match the dimensions of your hips especially if you are looking for maximum support.
This refers to the shape and the space of seat that allows toileting. To reduce the risk of the skin breakdown you may need a padded seat with horse size opening. It’s also important that the correct shape and size of the aperture is made at the time of buying. If not the wheelchair might not be the best one.
The backrest of a shower wheelchair can either be at an angle or at an upright position. It’s also important to determine the right height or back support of the shower wheelchair. This information is very important while ordering a wheelchair.
These wheelchairs also come with armrest which can either be at an angle or in a vertical position. In fact, there are some that even have removable armrests.
Footplates and footrests
In order to facilitate transfers, the footrests or footplates can either be removable or be able to swing away. They may also be fitted with straps that prevent the feet from sliding out or getting out of the wheelchair.
Shower wheelchairs FAQs
Which is the most suitable wheelchair for my bathroom?
The best material that you need to use under wet conditions is aluminium. As compared to other wheelchairs, this chair will not rust and will last for many years.
Which shower wheelchair should one buy?
The only way to make sure that you purchase the right shower wheelchairs for disabled for your needs is to read all the descriptions of the wheelchair. Instead of only considering the features you need to look at the size of the wheelchair as well.
Why does one need a shower wheelchair?
This unit helps both the physically challenged and the old to bath comfortably. Some of them can also help them to go to the toilet without any problem.
Are shower wheelchairs durable?
Yes. Although they work under wet conditions, a shower wheelchair can last as long as you want provided you get the right model for your needs. So it’s important that the model that you buy won’t get damaged by water or due to rust.
Are shower wheelchairs expensive?
Just like the other entire wheelchair out there, there are models that are more expensive than the others. You, therefore, need to get one that’s within your budget when shopping for one.
What other benefit does a shower wheelchair has?
These wheelchairs can always help the elderly and physically challenged to have an easier time while going to the toilet. They also help them in the stability and movement when taking a shower.
How to use a shower wheelchair
How to use a shower wheelchair correctly?
Shower wheelchairs are always some of the best wheelchairs for those who have disabilities and injuries. You can also use them if you are looking for more comfort or if you want to shave. If you have a problem with keeping balance while showering you should not look so much at the design but just choose the safest option. However here are the reasons why you need to use a shower wheelchair correctly.
• Relaxation. Bathing is one of the most relaxing things to do during the day. A comfortable and nice shower wheelchair will help you get away for a moment from your busy schedule.
• Storage. Some shower wheelchairs will also provide you with additional storage. However, if you want to use your shower wheelchair correctly you should not sacrifice your safety.
• Support. Apart from helping the injured and the elderly, shower wheelchairs will also provide extra support that you need while showering or shaving.
By knowing how to use your shower wheelchair safely and correctly you’ll be able to save yourself from many accidents that might arise as a result of this.
How to shower with a shower wheelchair correctly?
Once you know how to shower with your shower wheelchair correctly, your showers will be more enjoyable and less painful. If your loved ones have troubles showering safely, ensure that you follow these tips.
• Ensure that your shower wheelchair is standing firmly in a place without wobbling or sliding.
• Make sure you have everything that you need so you can reach them without standing up while showering.
• Place towels and safety mats on the floor so you can avoid falls while taking a bath.
• Take care of your movements. The biggest part of learning how to shower with a shower wheelchair is to ensure that you are not making any sudden motions while using the wheelchair.
• If you are working with a person with a disability or an injured person, ensure that you lead them through the process but leave them with enough space so that they can enjoy their privacy.
How to use a shower wheelchair safely?
Once you know how to use your shower wheelchair safely, you can significantly reduce any potential injuries that might there. If you feel unsafe while bathing or showering, getting a shower wheelchair and following these steps will significantly help you.
• Adjust the height of your wheelchair so you can sit and stand up easily. This is very important especially if you suffer from frequent back pain.
• Make sure that your shower wheelchair is level and in good contact with the floor.
• Use slip-resistant mat both beneath your feet and the chair.
• Clear the bathroom of any obstruction so you don’t stumble on something that might make you fall.
• Watch weight distribution. Try to avoid sitting at the edge of the wheelchair of you don’t have to.
How to take good care of a shower wheelchair
Has your shower wheelchair started to lose its lustre? If you make a quick search you’ll realise that most customers are currently complaining that their shower wheelchairs are quickly losing their colour. Here are the three methods to ensure that your brand new shower wheelchairs are always looking good and shining.
1. Dishwashing soap. If you want to remove that stubborn stain on your shower wheelchair then a light application of dishwashing soap and a quick rinse with warm water will do the trick. If you are looking to carry out deep cleaning then you need to brush it with a soft brush. To remove any excess residue, ensure that you rinse it well.
2. Use special oil. As you continue to use your shower wheelchair you’ll notice that the stain will start to wear thin. This is perfectly normal hence should not worry you. If you want to preserve this finish then you need to apply a bottle of teak oil. You can apply it minimally to different areas and then rub it with a buffing motion. By doing this, you’ll soon notice that the colour is returning.
3. Daily rinse. According to National Wheelchair Services, You can always prevent your shower wheelchairs from accumulating soap scam by rinsing it well every day after use. By passing a warm shower over the surface of the stool you’ll effectively rinse away most soap and prevent it from getting stuck in some hard to clean places.
Check out today’s top 10 shower wheelchairs deals below…
Top tips for choosing the best shower wheelchairs
Due to the advancement in technology, there are currently several shower wheelchairs in the market. Since it can be a bit challenging to single out which particular shower wheelchair is suitable for you, you need here are some tips that will help you choose the best one.
• Price and budget. When trying to search for the best shower wheelchair the price and your budget matter a lot. Although an absolute price does not matter you need to consider your budget and think about what toy can be able to afford. However, while considering the price it’s very important to think about the quality of the wheelchair that you can afford.
• Comfort. If you purchase the best shower wheelchair then you’ll enjoy a comfortable seat. If you purchase a very basic one that does not have padding or backrest you can expect that you won’t be able to sit on it for long. So you want to spend some time on the shower while taking care of your business it’s important to choose s very comfortable shower wheelchair.
• Ease of use. A good shower wheelchair should also be very easy to use. For instance, it should be fitted with a commode just in case you want to use it to go to the toilet. As a matter of fact, a very good one should comfortably serve two purposes with a lot of ease. A good one should also be easy to move around after using it in the wheelchair. It should have push handles and castor wheels that are easy to use.
• Weight capacity. Since in most cases you’ll be pushing the wheelchair alone you need to know about its weight capacity. If you have a less body mass then you need to choose a shower wheelchair that’s easy to use and that will provide you with the convenience that you need.
• Construction. Since shower wheelchairs vary in the materials that they are made of its very important to choose the best material that’s will not only last long but also not rust. This will ensure that you can use it for long without any issue.
So that’s all you need to know when it comes to shower wheelchair. It’s very important to ensure that you make the best choice when looking for one. If you are searching for the best shower wheelchair make sure you keep any that you find inside a shopping basket so you can review later. This way you’ll end up with the best one.