The Best Remote Control Wheelchair In 2021
Are you looking for a great remote control wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best remote control wheelchair, please click here.
For those with disabilities, freedom or even lack of it can be one of the most challenging things and even life-changing. This means, without the freedom to move around, these people will have to depend on something that they can use to move around and one of these things is a wheelchair. When it comes to wheelchairs, there are both manual ones that they have to push around themselves and automatic wheelchair or remote control wheelchair that they can use with the help of remote control.
Generally, there are several things that can interfere with a person’s mobility. Whether it’s an impairment or an accident that limits your ability to move or walk far distances or old age that affects your joints a remote control wheelchair will not only give your freedom but greater freedom as well. Also, known as automatic wheelchair, remote control wheelchair use batteries to power its motor. The batteries can either be charged overnight or during the day to ensure that the wheelchair has enough power to move around the way you want.
Remote control is usually located on the armrest of the wheelchair to help steel and control the wheelchair. These wheelchairs also come with large wheels that help them to handle all kinds of terrains with a lot of ease. If you are shopping for the best remote control wheelchair click here to read our detailed review.
Benefits of remote control wheelchair
• Remote control wheelchairs do the work. The main reason why remote control wheelchairs are better than manual ones is that as long as there is remote control they do all the work that needs to be done. Although many people could get themselves around with manual wheelchairs, there are some inclines and hills that are hard for just anyone. Of course, there are people who usually don’t have the arm strength or the ability to use their arms. This means without a remote control wheelchair they will require someone to push them around. On the contrary, a remote control wheelchair will give them the freedom that they need to move around without any issue at all. For more information check out www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk
• They are comfortable. If you buy the right remote control wheelchair there is no reason at all why you cannot travel in comfort. Good quality remote control wheelchairs are designed in such a way that they provide the comfort that one needs. Unlike other wheelchairs, they come with suspension, changeable cushions, choice of wheels and even adjustable footrest positions. When you combine all these it means that you’ll be able to get a wheelchair that’s both practical and comfortable.
• Ease of use. Regardless of all the other benefits of remote control wheelchair, they are also very easy to use. This means that they are very easy to operate. If you have no grip or strength you’ll find that operating these wheelchairs is very easy. Whether you are left-handed or right-handed you can still operate these wheelchairs with a lot of comforts.
• Remote control wheelchairs can stop you from accidental rolling. Although manual wheelchairs can be stopped when you put the brakes on they are much harder to stop the moment they stop rolling. On the other hand with just the click of a button, remote control wheelchairs can easily be stopped. The same power that makes them move can also be used to stop them.
• They are sturdier. Since their centre of gravity is much lower it means that these wheelchairs are a lot harder to tip over. This also means that they are sturdier when it comes to side to side tipping or front to back tipping.
• These wheelchairs come with constant power. If you are far and you are using a manual wheelchair, you have to take into account the trip and the strength that you’ll use back to the starting point. This means that if you have a lot of energy at the start you can easily get very tired when it comes to pushing the wheelchair back again. Remote control wheelchairs, on the other hand, will give you full energy until you return back to where you are from. This is according to National wheelchair Services.
Types of remote control wheelchairs
Here are some of the main types of remote control wheelchairs that you need to know.
Travel remote control wheelchairs
These are perhaps the lightest and smallest wheelchairs in this group. Coming with excellent turning radius these wheelchairs can comfortably be used to manoeuvrevery tight places. Apart from being transport friendly, these wheelchairs can also be disassembled into lightweight parts to make them easy to transport. Travel remote wheelchairs, therefore, work best in the following places fairly smooth surfaces such as sidewalks indoors or inside the stores. Due to their compact size and reduced weight, they are suited for those who are under 250 pounds. More so, they are also the least expensive remote control wheelchairs.
Full-sized remote control wheelchairs
Full-sized remote control wheelchairs are more complex and much larger than all the other chairs in the market. They are available in a wide variety of options and prices to fit your budget and needs thus making them some of the best wheelchairs in the market. These wheelchairs also feature customisable options in areas such as size and seat height. As compared to other remote control wheelchairs these ones are run on very powerful batteries that will comfortably take you to where you want to go. If you are looking for more luxury there are also upgraded seats. Some of them even have options such as all-terrain tires
Heavy-duty remote control wheelchairs
Heavy-duty remote control wheelchairs normally incorporate the best features of full-sized wheelchairs but also have further reinforced and upgraded frames, batteries and motors. To provide one with optimal performance, you can also find models that are designed for more unpaved and icy terrains. However, as compared to other remote controlled wheelchairs these tend to cost a lot more money.
Front-wheel drive remote control wheelchairs
These remote control wheelchairs have their drive systems fitted towards the front of the seat. While the castors of these wheelchairs are found behind, the wheels are found in front. Unlike others, these wheelchairs can comfortably go over curbs and bumps that are even 2 inches high. Although they are not fitted with the smallest turning radius, they manoeuvre very well around tight corners. Although these wheelchairs are known for providing the best stability, they can easily fishtail when moving at high speeds.
Mid wheel remote control wheelchairs
Also known as centre drive these types of remote control wheelchairs come with a drive system that is located towards the centre. These chairs come with the tightest turning radius hence are great for use in apartments, mall or even anywhere where space is a bit limited. However, the only problem is that they do not manoeuvrevery well on tight surfaces. Although they can easily sink and lose tactisian while travelling in over soft terrain, they are always stable while travelling on an incline.
Rear-wheel remote control wheelchair
These are wheelchairs with their drive system located towards the rear of the wheelchair. With castors found in the front. Since their drives located at the rear, they have greater manoeuvrability as compared to other wheelchairs even when travelling at high speeds they can easily manoeuvre. However, since they do not come with a larger turning radius, you’ll always require more space to turn around. However, as compared to other wheelchairs they are fitted with directional stability meaning that they manoeuvre well on over outdoor and rough terrain.
How to take care of remote control wheelchair
Since you depend on your remote control wheelchair for your daily activities, regularly maintaining them will ensure that they remain in good working consideration for several years to come. Here are some tips that will help you take good care of them so as to reduce the inconvenience and service costs, of waiting for repairs to be completed
What you need to care for repairs
If you want to make your wheelchair repair easier you need to create or buy a tool kit. Once you collect all the cleaners and tools that you need you just need to keep them in a bag and zip. Even if you find some tools that are suited in the manual you may still want to add things such as
• Several small soft cloths.
• A towel.
• Spray bottle and cleaner that needs to be diluted in a bucket of water.
• A small bucket that one can use for rinsing water.
• Flathead screwdriver.
• Phillips screwdriver.
• Allen wrench
• Small cleaner brush or toothbrush.
• Remote control repair kit.
Daily remote control wheelchair cleaning process
It’s very important that you wash all the important parts of the remote control wheelchair every day with a bucket or warm soapy water or spray cleaner. This is because food deposits and built-up dirt can easily cause your wheelchair mechanisms to wear out faster. When you do this type of cleaning on a regular basis then it won’t take you long. Once you have washed the wheelchair it’s very important to go over it again with a fresh dampened cloth in water and dry it well using dry towel to ensure that it remains clean. You also need to check out the small spaces if there is any moisture that has accumulated. Since you use the remote control you also need to ensure that you wipe any dirt ort oil that might have accumulated on it to ensure that it’s always in good working condition. If you need more details about this check out www.natioanlwheelchair services.co.uk
If you want your remote control wheelchair to always remain in good condition then you should not postpone charging the battery. Even if you’ve not used the wheelchair much during the day it’s still very important to charge it. You not only need to ensure that the battery has enough power but proper care will also extend its life so it lasts as long as you want. This is according to National Wheelchair Services. Always make sure that you charge the battery to the fullest and use only the charger that comes with the wheelchair or the battery.
Make sure that your remote control wheelchair is maintained dry
Anytime you expose your remote control wheelchair to the environment it may easily rust. So after every outing, you need to ensure that the wheelchair is kept dry. However, while drying the electric components such as the remote and wire you need to be extra cautious. Although you can use your remote control wheelchairs in the snow or rain it’s always recommended that you wrap a clear plastic bag over the power control panel to protect the elements so as to ensure that they are not destroyed.
Remote control wheelchair tire maintenance
Before going out with your automatic wheelchair you need to make sure that thetires are inflated well. Any form of under-inflation can cause the wheelchair the veer off or wobble to one side of the road. More so, underinflated or overinflated wheelchair tires are unlikely to last long since they can wear off easily.
Weekly automatic wheelchair maintenance tips
• Every week you need to add these steps to your maintenance to ensure that your automatic wheelchair remains in good working condition as always.
• If you cannot fix any problem that your remote control wheelchair has then you need to bring I technician to help you with this.
• You need to wiggle around in the seat and back to ensure that they are secure. If you feel that any screws or bolts are loose then you need to tighten them well.
• While seated on a wheelchair, look down at the foot wells and check whether your feet are well supported. Make sure you make any adjusted if need be.
• Take a walk around the remote control wheelchair to check if there are any wires that are hanging loose. If you find any you need to refer to your wheelchair manual so you know how you can fi the wires so that
your wheelchair can remain in good working condition.
• Listen to the motor if there is anything that sounds off. If you feel that you are getting a sound that you are not supposed to get then you need to check the manual so you can understand how to fix this.
Check out today’s top 10 remote control wheelchair deals below…
Top tips for buying the best remote control wheelchair
Since there is a range of remote control wheelchairs in the market, it’s very important to know how you can always choose the best one. Explained below are some of the tips that will help you choose one.
• Durability. When you are looking for the best remote control wheelchair that can also last long then it’s very important to consider its durability. Remember the first things that you need to consider are the strength and the durability and the wheelchair that you intend to buy. You should always choose something that you can rely on to last long
• Brand. With several wheelchair brands in the market, some of them are bad while some are not. You, therefore, need to choose one that you feel comes with some assurance that it will last long. These can only come about of you look for the best brand. If you don’t choose a good brand then you should not expect the wheelchair to last long. You also need to read the reviews so you can understand the point of view of other wheelchair users.
• Features. Since these remote control wheelchairs come with several features and more innovations, you need to check their features before you can confirm whether they are what you are looking for not. This way you’ll ensure that you are getting the best one. If you want to understand the while features you need to check out all the specifications of the wheelchair.
• Automatic wheelchair price. Just like every other thing, it’s also very important to consider the cost when shopping for the best remote control wheelchair. You have to ask yourself whether the remote control wheelchair that you want to buy is cost-friendly or not. Although it’s not harmful to search for an economic product you need to ensure that the cost does not determine your decision. You need to consider your needs, the features, and the cost together before choosing one. Remember that the cost should not tell you the quality of the product that you are about to buy.
• Size. Since these wheelchairs come in a range of sizes and shape you need to choose the size that you feel will suit you well. One of the worst things that you can ever do is to choose the size that does not fit you well. This is a very important consideration when searching for the best wheelchairs for sale.
• Comfort. It’s also important to check whether the remote control wheelchair is comfortable or not. The best wheelchair should not only be comfortable but you also need to feel at ease while using it.
• Battery capacity. If you want to be in a position to use your remote control wheelchair for some time you need to check out its battery life. Make sure you check the capacity of the battery and how and whether the charger has been supplied adequately by the manufacturer. This way you’ll always end up with the best one.
• Speed. Since remote control wheelchairs come with a variety of speed settings it’s very important to know what you are looking for you should also ensure that you choose one with a small turning radius and also check out how the speed is controlled. This will ensure that you use your wheelchair in the best way.
That’s everything you need to know about remote control wheelchair. When looking for one you need to make sure that you keep any that you are looking for so you can review it later. This will always give you ample to choose what you are looking for.