The Best Ponchos for Wheelchairs In 2020
Are you looking for great ponchos for wheelchairs bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below to find the best wheelchairs for sale. Or to read our guide and tips on buying ponchos for wheelchairs, please click here.
If you are a wheelchair user then you know that sitting in wet clothes is perhaps one of the hardest things that you can ever do. If you add this to feeling cold, you’ll not feel so bad but you can also easily fall sick within no time. But thankfully fashion designers have come up with special wheelchair clothing known as wheelchair ponchos. This type of clothing is not only stylish but will also ensure that you remain protected throughout your wheelchair use. Whether you are a festival-goer who wants to look funky or you’re an outdoor person who wants to always remain warm there is basically something for everyone. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
But what’s a wheelchair poncho? This refers to a piece of clothing that’s waterproof enough to provide you with the protection that you need and is also light and small enough to be stowed away when the weather has improved or when you no longer need it. Some of them even come with a drawstring hood that keeps you out of the wind and zip fastening front that will help you put it on without any issue at all. It’s basically one of the best pieces of clothing out there. If you are shopping for the best wheelchair poncho, click here to read our in-depth review about them.
Benefits of wheelchair poncho
If you want to protect yourself from the elements during bad weather the best thing that you can ever do is to get the best wheelchair poncho. Here are some benefits that you’ll enjoy by buying one.
• They are made to fit the wheelchair. Trying to wear just any type of clothing while in a wheelchair can feel quite cumbersome. The good thing is that ponchos for wheelchairs are designed in such a way that you can comfortably use them without interfering with the wheels of your wheelchair. Also, they are long enough hence will provide you with all the protection that you need when you are in a wheelchair.
• They are convenient. Most winter and summer wheelchair ponchos are waterproof and machine washable. They are not only easy to move around with but they will also protect you from all the elements of bad weather.
• They will ensure that you remain warm throughout your wheelchair use. If you enjoy spending a lot of time outdoors then if you have the best ponchos for wheelchairs you’ll not have to worry about summer, surprise winter storms or even bad weather. They are also lightweight hence you can comfortably carry them inside your wheelchair bag or at the back of your wheelchair without any issues at all.
• They are easy to wear. Most wheelchair ponchos out there are built with only the chair in mind. This means they are both stylish and fashionable as well. They also have an inner lining and a zipper at the top to make them easy to put on. This means you can put them on independently and also remove them without any assistance. For more details about this click here www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk
Difference between summer and winter wheelchair poncho
While the summer wheelchair poncho is designed in such a way that one does not get too warm during summer, the winter one is exactly the opposite. This means the summer poncho comes with lightweight cotton lining that will ensure that one remains comfortable without causing any overheating. However, whether it’s summer or winter these ponchos are always very easy to use hence you don’t have to worry when using them. They have a zipper near the hood that will allow you to adjust how much coverage you need. Since they are pullover piece of clothing you just need to pull them over and you are done.
Types of ponchos for wheelchairs
Fleece wheelchair poncho
This refers to a woollen piece of clothing that covers the upper legs well when one is in a wheelchair and slips in and out easily. It also provides all the comfort that one needs to snuggle in. the good thing is that it not only keeps you warm but also ensures that you remain dry throughout especially if you put it on with waterproof material. Since it comes in several colours you can always choose the one that you are looking for.
Poncho for wheelchair
Whether you are in a wheelchair or not it’s always very important to ensure that your body is protected. Poncho for wheelchair refers to a piece of wheelchair clothing that comes with adaptive raingear that you can use to block out any water so that you and your wheelchair remain dry. This means that it will help you avoid discomfort, illnesses, and even any damage that might occur to your wheelchair. Regardless of the kind of wheelchair that you have, you’ll always get the right one for your wheelchair.
Wheelchair leg cover
Wheelchair leg cover is perhaps one of the most important wheelchair accessories out there. It not only pull over the footplate but also fastens around the waist or wheelchair using a simple adjustable strap. It also comes with a back flap that will protect the backs of your legs. Unlike other wheelchair clothing, it’s a fully waterproof material and is also taped to provide you with maximum protection especially during the rainy season. It’s made in such a way that it’s supposed to be worn on it’s own since it is light a waterproof material. You can also team it up with fleece inner layer leg cover to provide you with both warmth and waterproof material during bad weather. You can either buy them individually or purchase them together.
Wheelchair ponchos for adults
Many adults and teenagers are always at also on how they can ensure that they remain dry and warm during winter. This is because wearing a jacket or coat that’s hard to put on during this time can be so frustrating. Thankfully, there are always special types of ponchos that are made specifically for them to wear during winter. With these ponchos, there is no need to move out of your wheelchair in order to wear them or they also come with shorter back to ensure that the back of the wheelchair and your back also remain dry throughout. The shorter back will also prevent them from getting stuck in the wheelchair.
Since they come in a range of colours you can always choose the one that you are looking for. With these wheelchair materials, there is totally no need to feel cold again. Besides they are stylish hence you’ll always step out in style. They are perhaps the best pieces of clothing that you can ever have out there.
Children wheelchair ponchos
Just like the adult ones this type of wheelchair ponchos meant for the children who are on a wheelchair. Because of this travelling during the winter is very easy for the children on wheelchair. The good thing is that they come in a range of fabrics, sizes, and designs so you can always choose the one that you want. There are also others that come with additional detachable hood that the children can always use for additional protection. They are therefore the best pieces of materials to buy for your children who are in a wheelchair.
Men’s poncho with Velcro closure
This type of ponchos for wheelchairs is designed to be used by men with disability issues. Made without zippers or real buttons, they allow free movements of both the hands and arms, once you’ve put it over your head you simply need to tuck the back panel under the legs or hops and you are good to go.
How to use and maintain your ponchos for wheelchairs
Before you use your ponchos for wheelchair make sure you remove all the packing. However, while doing this you need to avoid using a knife or any sharp object as this may end up damaging it completely. It’s also important to check the product and if there is any damage do not use it until you contact the manufacturer.
Since the wheelchair poncho can easily be fitted you just need to unzip it and slip it on and off. While doing this you need to unzip the opening and then out the wheelchair poncho on top of your head. If needed, you should attach the poncho on the wheelchair so it does not slip away.
When it comes to cleaning your wheelchair poncho you need to use mild detergent which is also slightly damp. Once you are done with the cleaning make sure you hang it somewhere to dry. However, you should avoid putting direct contact with the heat or sunlight as this might damage the fabric.
To ensure that it remains in a good working condition ensure that you need to check out the product at intervals. This way you’ll use your wheelchair poncho for long without any issues at all.
Check out today’s top 10 ponchos for wheelchairs deals below…
- Wheelchair poncho is fully lined and provides protection against rain and wind for wheelchair users
- Equipped with an easy pull zip closure that is easy to put on and remove incase the user has limited hand and finger dexterity
- Poncho is made with a drawstring hood which provides protection for the head against wind and rain
- Waterproof and windproof poncho provides ideal protection covering the user from the head to the knees
- Rear vents of the poncho allow for continued use of the wheelchairs pushing handles for easy manoeuvring
- 100% WATERPROOF: our poncho for wheelchairs, made from polyester fabric with an outer layer of PVC and with heat-sealed seams, is a 100% waterproof raincoat that protects us and keeps us dry on rainy and windy days.
- FUNCTIONAL AND EASY TO USE: it has a waterproof zip with a reflective, reversible toggle that is easy to use, adjustable hood, two velcro straps that can be attached to the sides of the wheelchair on windy days, comfortable elastic hand grips and openings at the back for push handles.
- EXCELLENT VISIBILITY: for greater safety our poncho has reflective strips at the back and it is the only one with additional reflectors on the sides for better visibility at intersections and in low-visibility conditions.
- PORTABLE AND COMPACT: it includes a practical pouch in which the poncho can be folded and stored without the need for additional bags or packaging. It also has two elastic straps to make it even easier to carry. In case of bad weather, it can be conveniently attached to the wheelchair.
- ITALIAN DESIGN: our innovative design combines functionality, comfort and style. A universal and unisex raincoat designed in Italy. The must-have accessory for wheelchairs and an ideal gift.
- Description - Our wheelchair poncho is the perfect solution for wheelchair users - large enough to cover them from top to toe. With the additional bonus of a drawstring fitted hood & zipper opening at the top, the poncho is easy to get on & remove.
- Further info - The poncho works well in strong blustery winds - being completely waterproof, its great in inclement weathers, ensuring users remain completely dry & snug - its reflective straps in the middle adds extra bonus.
- Premium quality - Made with high quality 190T polyester with PVC coating, our wheelchair poncho is solid & durable & does its job perfectly. Reliable & reusable many times over - with slits at the back, its perfect for the wheelchair pusher too, ensuring perfect coverage.
- Dimensions - Weight per set - 690 grams - package size - 30 x 29 x 3 cm - an ideal size for wearers, its warm & comfortable & fits over coats or jumpers - a most ideal product to have.
- We’re here for you - We offer 100% warranty on our products - should you run into any problems with them, please do contact us and we will get back to you for sure.
- Weather protection from unexpected showers for you and your wheelchair
- Universal sizing with zip closure and drawstring hood for a snug fit
- Stay dry with 100% Waterproof fabric
- Machine Washable at low temperature (30 degrees)
- Lightweight material
- Ideal for wheelchair users who require a high degree of independence
- Weather protection from unexpected showers for you and your wheelchair
- Universal sizing with zip closure and drawstring hood for a snug fit
- Stay dry with 100% waterproof fabric
- Extra length at the front for greater coverage and protection for your legs
- MULTIFUNCTION: The hooded poncho can be used as a raincoat, camping mat, canopy shelter to block sunshine.
- WATERPROOF: Made of 215D polyester material, with taped processing at the seams, waterproof and durable to use.
- EASY TO WEAR: Elastic drawstring closure on the collar, sticky fastener tape on both sides, easy to wear and take off.
- LARGE CAPACITY: One size fits most, large enough to cover your backpack in rainy days.
- CONVENIENT: Easily folds and packs into the quality storage bag, ultra lightweight and convenient to carry.
- This sleeveless wheelchair mac will keep you and your clothes dry when it's raining, made from 100% waterproof fabric, it's easy to put on
- Standard length unisex poncho for wear by men or women, full length to offer complete coverage from head to toe for protection from the elements
- Designed with a zipper closure, a drawstring hood with spring clip fastening protects your head from the rain and keeps your hair covered when its windy
- Elasticated skirt gives you a snug, waterproof fit when sitting in your wheelchair, ideal for the elderly and people with disabilities
- Reliable rain protection, mac does not have sleeves making it great for attendant propelled chairs, foldable for travel and on the go use
- 3-IN-1 RAINCOAT: REDCAMP Unisex outdoor rain poncho waterproof is designed for outdoor activities. Hook & loop tapes to create sleeves keep you nice & dry and protect you well in rainy days. It can be used as a mountaineering raincoat, picnics mat for hiking and more
- Size and Color: Our camping raincoat with hood for hiking size is 55"/140cm in length, unfold width is 82.7"/210cm. Color is camouflage.
- Super Waterproof: It is made from 190T Waterproof Polyester, PU2000mm. All seams go through a caulking treatment, no leak. The rain poncho is durable to protect you well in rainy days. The rain poncho offers better weather protection and are permanently water repellent and extremely resistant to abrasion and tearing. Prepare yourself for those unexpected downpours with this emergency rain poncho
- Lightweight and Convenient: Weighs only 0.26kg/0.57lbs. Each poncho is easy to carry with you wherever you go! You will never be unprepared for the sudden rain shower and barely feel the weight. A must-have for for amusement parks, camping, hiking, tailgating, and any other occasions. Individually packed ponchos for easy storage
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: REDCAMP offers a 365-day limited manufacturer warranty. If you're not satisfied for any reason, please contact us immediately and we will give you a reply within 24 hours
www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk - Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Top tips for buying the best wheelchair ponchos
Since there are several wheelchairs ponchos in the market you always need to choose the best one for your needs. Remember, if you fail to do this you might end up with one that does not help you at all. Here are some of the tips to help you choose the best one.
• Consider your requirements. Before looking for colourful and stylish wheelchairs ponchos you need to think about your needs. You need to know your own requirements and why you think you need the wheelchair poncho. Whatever your requirements those requirements are not only important but will also ensure that you end up with the best wheelchair poncho.
• Choose then that will make it easy for you to put on. If you have limited arm movement you need to choose one that will not give you any difficulty when it comes to putting it on. This means you need one that you can put on alone without the help of other people. More so, depending on the ability of your own body you might also be looking for one that has comfortable materials however even while doing this you should not forget about the level of waterproofing that you need.
• Consider the seasons. Since ponchos are not only designed for winters you also need to consider the seasons that you are likely to experience. This means that you need to buy a wheelchair poncho for any kind of eventuality that might come your way. To start with you may just get one for your immediate needs and add some later on when the season changes.
• Consider your tastes. It’s also important to know the design that you are looking for. Since poncho should not be different from your style you need to choose one that can add to it and ensure that when you step out there you look stylish. The good thing is that there are several of them in the market hence you can always choose the best one for your needs.
• Consider the size. When considering the size of your wheelchair poncho you need to think about the mobility aids that you use. If you normally push your wheelchair alone then you also need to keep your arms dry hence you need to choose one that also covers your arms.
• Which one fits your wheelchair? It’s very important to factor in your wheelchair when looking for the best wheelchair poncho. It’s very important to choose one that can fit your wheelchair well.
Regardless of how you use them the best ponchos for wheelchairs will help you stay comfortable and warm in all types of weather conditions. This means you’ll not have to change your clothing due to bad wind, rain or even bad weather. You can always put them on and once the bed weather has gone you remove and keep them with you in your wheelchair. As a matter of fact, your comfort is just a flap or zip away. If you are shopping for the best ponchos for wheelchairs its handy tip to keep any that you find inside the shopping basket so you can review it later. By doing this, you’ll always end up with the best one.