The Best Lightweight Wheelchairs In 2021
Are you looking for a great lightweight wheelchairs bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying lightweight wheelchairs, please click here.
For easy mobility sometimes what one needs is the lightest electric wheelchair. This is especially true for the elderly who require a lightweight, reliable and high-quality wheelchair that can provide them with faster service. These wheelchairs are not only cost-effective but also, weightless and very easy to transport from one place to another. To save on the storage space some of these wheelchairs are also made in such a way that they can easily be folded.
Unfortunately finding the best lightweight electric wheelchair can be a bit challenging especially if you need it fast and you don’t have any time to search for it. Since there are many products in the market, you must search for it carefully before you can get one. Some of the things that you can always have a look at are the technical specifications and the customer’s reviews. Their durable steel is also something that usually makes them quite stable and steady hence can be used for long. Also, their armrests are fitted with cushions that not only reduce the friction but also protect the user’s skin. If you are searching or the best lightweight wheelchairs click here to read our in-depth reviews.
Benefits of lightweight wheelchairs
As compared to all the other wheelchairs out there, lightweight electric wheelchairs sale are not only helpful but have also proved to be a great success by providing the users and attendants a wide range of benefits thus making their jobs quicker, easier and more importantly very much enjoyable. The main reason why people choose wheelchairs is because of the kind of mobility that they provide. As a matter of fact, lightweight wheelchairs will provide them with the kind of propulsion that they need. Here are some more benefits of these wheelchairs. For more information click here www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk
• They are portable and light. Since most lightweight wheelchairs do not weigh more than 9 kilogrammes they are both portable and much easier to transport. As compared to the traditional wheelchairs most of them can easily be folded due to their titanium and aluminium constructions. This means if you are travelling from one point to another you can always fit them inside your vehicle and just move with a lot of ease.
• They are the best for travel. nowadays a number of users are travelling with mobility devices. In airlines, trains and even trains. This means that travel companies have also made several changes in their travel systems and services to make this easy thus ensuring that the physically challenged, the disabled and other people can always move from one to another with no problem at all.
• There is a range of choices out there. From foldable to non-foldable choices there are several lightweight wheelchairs out there that one can use. The good thing is that foldable choice is made in such a way that they are as light as possible without compromising the portability and performance. Those who often travel with their wheelchairs by vehicle or airplanes prefer lightweight models and that can also occupy a small amount of space. Some of these wheelchairs can also be dismantled into pieces and be lifted with each part being fitted later on.
• Additional storage space. Despite staying in a wheelchair, people still want to stay physically active. This will ensure that they can still be able to do other things as well. The best lightweight wheelchairs, therefore, provide them with speed and agility apart from the basic mobility that they need. By using these wheelchairs they can even add more accessories such as storage spaces that they can always use to store things such as bottles and books without increasing their overall weight. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
• Common models. These lightweight wheelchairs are always constructed using the latest tubular structures to reduce the weight without giving up on their stability and structural integrity. The materials used in their construction are also lightweight, rigid and foldable. Most rigid wheelchairs are made using titanium metals which minimises the overall weight on the joints, and hinges. Although folding ones are light, they will provide you with high durability and performance.
Who should use lightweight wheelchairs?
A lightweight wheelchair does not come with some of the features that normal wheelchairs have. However, most of them can always be customised to incorporate a few more things such as foldaway footrests and adjustable backs. These items can always be fabricated using carbon titanium and other lightweight components out there.
Whether you are a frequent traveller or an active person, you need to choose the best lightweight foldable electric wheelchair to provide you with the best mobility that you need. The good thing with them is that they can be effortless carried down with a lot of ease. Due to the quality of their design, their actual performance and mobility have also been enhanced in a great way. Overall they provide the perfect balance, smooth performance, and great comfort to both the attendants and users.
Types of lightweight wheelchairs
Once it’s been decided that a wheelchair is needed, the first step that the buyer needs to take is to decide on the type and style of the lightweight wheelchair that will be most suitable. Although the retailers will help you choose one it’s very important to know a few types so you can always choose the best one. Also, if you are not sure about how to choose the best one it’s important to consult you’re a healthcare professional who can guide you through the process. Here are some of the main types of lightweight wheelchairs.
Folding lightweight wheelchairs
These types of lightweight wheelchairs are popular for just occasional use since they have rear wheels that can always be removed to allow them to occupy less space when they are folded. As compared to other lightweight wheelchairs these ones can always be stored in very small spaces.
Economy lightweight wheelchairs
These are perhaps the lowest priced lightweight wheelchairs for sale out there. The good thing with these wheelchairs is that the user can use them to propel them without any issue at all. They usually come with folding steel frames and all the basic necessities that one needs. They are meant for just an occasional trip and maybe a short term use. As compared to the other wheelchairs they are often found in stores as loner wheelchairs.
Standard lightweight wheelchairs
Although most standard lightweight wheelchairs are made of aluminium the metal of choice for most of them is titanium. Titanium is not only lighter but is also more durable and provides features that are built-in for shock absorption. These wheelchairs are usually available in both folding and rigid models. In terms of their prices, some are more expensive than the others. These types of lightweight wheelchairs are also suitable for going on short trips and even occasional use especially if you want to visit apace which is just short distance.
Lightweight adjustable wheelchairs
These wheelchairs are very similar to the lightweight ones with the difference only being that they come with an adjustable axle plate and adjustable caster angles. Since they are intended for single-user the seats can always be adjustable to any angle depending on what the user wants. Just like other lightweight wheelchairs out there they also come in a range of options hence you can choose the best one for your needs.
Rigid lightweight wheelchairs
Rigid lightweight wheelchairs are the types of lightweight wheelchairs that do not fold. Although their frames are made of aluminium they could also be made with titanium and even other exotic materials out there. Since these chairs are very light, they can always be customised for a specific user. Unlike others, they have a few options and are suitable for adults and teens and for those normally lead an active life that requires strong and rugged wheelchairs. Their prices also vary based on the features that one is looking for.
Powered lightweight wheelchairs
These types of lightweight wheelchairs are the ones powered by electricity through the battery. These wheelchairs can either be controlled by the attendant nearby or by the user. By mobilising those who have disabilities, these wheelchairs can do all the lifting for them. This means that they can always make them independentagain. The good thing is that some of them are flexible enough hence can be adapted to almost any needs that the user might require.
Apart from these, there are also several lightweight wheelchairs that one can choose depending on what they are looking for in wheelchair.
Maintenance tips for lightweight wheelchairs
If you are the type of person who likes to explore the different parts of wheelchair then a lightweight wheelchair is one that you need to take into consideration. Getting around with the usually heavyweight wheelchair can be so stressful especially when you think of moving it from one place to another. However, if you have one you need to learn how to take good care of it so it can remain in good working condition for long. Here is how to maintain a lightweight wheelchair.
Proper maintenance of the brakes is very important when it comes to lightweight wheelchairs. This is because it will ensure that your wheelchairs remain strong and in very good shape. Although you need to check your wheelchair brakes every week if you realise that they are having any issues you should check them right away. If you are not sure how to go about it, then it’s very important to get in touch with a professional to help you with this process. You need to take your time and check whether the breaks are tighter or loser than normal. Also, you need to ensure that they are actually stopping your wheelchair from moving.
If your inner tubes and tires are not in good condition then your wheelchair might not move the way they are supposed to. It’s, therefore, very important to ensure that the tire is inflated well as low pressure might end up causing issues on thetires. Although these issues might not be less dangerous, it can be very much tiring. So wherever you feel that you are using a lot of energy to move the wheelchair you need to check the pressure of the tires.
Most lightweight wheelchairs have two types of wheels. The air-filled ones and the foam-filled. While maintaining the air-filled ones is very easy, taking care of the foam-filled ones can be a bit challenging. When it comes to the foam-filled ones you need to check the pressure range every day to ensure that they have the right pressure that you need to move around. The risk of getting a flat tire is always amplified when the tires are underinflated. So at any given time, you need to ensure that you inflate your tires well.
Check out today’s top 10 lightweight wheelchairs deals below…
Top tips for buying the best lightweight wheelchairs
Since there are several lightweight wheelchairs in the market it’s very important to know what you are looking for so you can choose the best one. Although the best starting point is consulting your doctor by knowing what you are looking for you’ll definitely end up with the best wheelchair for your needs. Here are some of the tips to help you choose one
• Size. This is one of the most important things to consider when looking for the best lightweight wheelchairs. You need to choose a wheelchair based on the user’s weight and other physical attributes. You can always determine the size by measuring the person who will sit in the wheelchair.
• Weight. Since we are talking about light chairs, the type of wheelchair that you choose must be able to be moved from one place to the next. The less the wheelchair weight, the better. This is because you need one that you can transport in the car and even manoeuvre around with.
• Armrest. When it comes to ensuring comfort while using the wheelchair, it’s also very important to consider getting one that has armrests.
• Cushions. Since a disabled person you are going to spend several hours on a wheelchair it’s very important to choose one that has cushions to ensure that you are comfortable.
• Construction. If you are expecting your wheelchair to last long it’s also very important to choose one that has a strong construction. If it’s the only wheelchair that you have it should be strong enough to allow you to move from one point to another without any issue at all.
There you have it. Some of the things that you need to know about lightweight wheelchairs. If you are searching for one, it’s a handy tip that you keep any that you find so you can review it later. This way you’ll always end up with the best one.