The Best Harnesses for Wheelchairs In 2020
Are you looking for great harnesses for wheelchairs bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying harnesses for wheelchairs, please click here.
A wheelchair harness refers to a device designed specifically to promote a good positioning for the upper trunk of the body while seated in a wheelchair or while using a transport wheelchair. The best wheelchair harness can safely assist a user to sit well for long on a wheelchair and allow them to use their hands and arms as best as they can. Depending on the patient’s body frame, the type of wheelchair, and budge there is a variety of wheelchair harness that one can choose from. If you are searching or the best harnesses for wheelchairs, click here to read our in-depth review.
Why you need to use harnesses for wheelchairs
According to National Wheelchair Services, a wheelchair harness can simply be described as a postural aid which should not be considered in isolation but for use when effective support at the pelvis does not in themselves solve the postural issue. When looking for the best harnesses for wheelchair it’s important that you consult a physiotherapist or an occupational therapist. An inappropriately chosen wheelchair harness or incorrectly sized harnesses for wheelchairs can lead to occupation deprivation. In fact, in the past, there have been cases where deaths have been caused as a result of this.
This risk can be caused by the harness either sliding up or the user sliding down by ensuring that the wheelchair harness is prescribed and purchased well you can significantly reduce the risk. For more details check out www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk
Types of harnesses for the wheelchair
Belts for wheelchairs
These refer to affordable mobility equipment that is meant to ensure that the wheelchair user is comfortable. They not only ensure the safety and stability of the elderly but also other disabled wheelchair users. Made of woven nylon they are designed in such a way that they will prevent the user from slipping out or falling out of the wheelchair while using one. This means that they provide the kind of kind that the wheelchair user needs.
Butterfly harness for wheelchair
This type of harnesses for the wheelchair is designed in such a way that they keep the wheelchair user’s upper torso safe and secure. Since it permanently attaches to the wheelchair or scooter, it provides easy entry and exit. They are not only comfortable but also have quick release buckles that are hinged to provide the user with additional comfort. More so, their main body is made of flexible material that can be hand washed and dried.
Retractable seat belts for wheelchairs
This refers to a pelvic harness or positioning belt that’s necessary to offer a good and sturdy pelvic positioning to the wheelchair. When properly placed it will control the pelvic and provide the stability and the safety that the user needs. Since it comes with a button it will allow the belt to retract like a car seat belt to ensure that the straps are kept from falling off.
Straps for wheelchair
This type of harness for the wheelchair is made such that it helps prevent the user from slipping from the wheelchair. Once you have worn it well it will ensure that every trip that you make is safe. These straps are not only easy to fit but also simple to fasten and easy to use so you don’t have to worry when you purchase one.
Clip of buckle wheelchair seat belts
These are the types of wheelchair seat belts that come with clip style buckle and male and female locking pins. The seat belt resembles that of a backpack lock strap and is also very easy to use. Since there are several of them in the market you can always find the one that you are looking for with a lot of ease hence you don’t have to worry. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
Anti-static strap for wheelchair
These are the types of seat belts that are used to protect the user for the effects of electricity. By taking proper steps and using them in your wheelchair you can always protect yourself as a wheelchair without worrying about anything. As long as you choose the best one you should be good to go.
Wheelchair chest harness design
The best harnesses for wheelchairs generally consist of a centre section which not only rests against the user’s upper torso but is also attached to the wheelchair using four straps. The centrepiece can either be padded straps or one-piece butterfly design. The centre sectors are usually padded and the straps are nylon webbing. Their quick-release buckles will allow quick entry and exit and the straps are adjusted in such a way that they fit well. At the end of the straps where they are connected to the wheelchair, they have different attaching options
Harnesses for the wheelchair installation tips
Have the wheelchair user sit in the wheelchair and try to dry-fit the wheelchair harness and then look for suitable mounting points before drilling the holes. If you have already had some holes drilled you can use but if they are not in the right places you should not use them.
When looking for the best mounting points you need to keep in mind that the harness should not ride on top of a person’s chest. Also, it should not be too tight once it’s been installed.
Once you’ve installed the wheelchair harness, you should move the person back to the chair so you can attach the belt using the buckles. Since you have to adjust the straps to a precise fit it might take you some time to do this.
If the end-user of the wheelchair is unable to feel comfortable ensure that you can slide your hand between the centre section of the harness and the body. This should ensure that the material can be able to stretch a little bit.
How to take care of harnesses for wheelchairs
To maintain the safety of the wheelchair it’s important that the harnesses for the wheelchair are well taken care of. Here are some guidelines that will help you take care of them.
• Before every use, you need to look at the straps to check whether they are worn out or frayed.
• You should also inspect the stitching, especially where the straps are attached to the centre section to ensure that they are still secure and in very good shape.
• The buckles of the harness should also firmly attach well in the best place and the straps should not be loose at all.
• You also need to look at the points of mounting and ensure that all the screws there are secure and fit well
• If the harnesses for the wheelchair become spoiled and dirty you should wash it with some soap and water and dry them.
• When reattaching it again after washing you need to ensure that you carry out the procedure well. This way you’ll ensure that it works the way it’s supposed to.
For the best deals on wheelchairs for sale, make sure to check our site often for the latest bargains.
Check out today’s top 10 harnesses for wheelchairs deals below…
- Wheelchair Seat Belt Safety Harness Baby Chair Stroller Pram Buggy Safe Belt
- Soft safty belt, designed for persons who require a safety belt while in a chair.
- Suitable for most of stroller,dining chair,high chair or pushchair and wheelchairs.
- It is very easy and convenient to use, enhanced baby and elderly's safety protection.
- This product is made of high-quality nylon material for durable and long lasting use.
- Features Made of three layers (polyamide, semi-rigid foam and polyester) and breathable material has webbing adjustment and fastening with buckles closure indications indicated in patients who require a full grip to the bed, chair or armchair avoiding the freedom of the fijándolos relaxed or strong, which can be used in a single hand or both hands.
- [Easy installation,adjustable and portable]Dog Wheelchair is easy to install, fully adjustable in height, length, & width, and portable due to light-weight & high-quality aircraft grade aluminum frame to provide maximum and optimal comfort & mobility to let pet enjoy walking and running with it.
- [Application]Applicable for all kinds of dogs and cats and pet with limited or no mobility in their hind legs to walk and run normally and more easily, again with confidence and independence.
- [Well-designed and Comfortable to wear]Enhancing the Quality of Life for my Old Dog and It changes your pet (and yours) life and she now has a better quality of life and it's given our lovely old lady a new lease of life!It fit very comfortably when fitted correctly.
- [Attention]Kindly please make sure to choose the right size wheelchair for your pet according to the measurement chart shown in the picture.
- Allow pet to go to the bathroom comfortably in this rear harness.
- 【DURABLE MATERIAL】Made of high quality nylon fabric to ensure safety, features the solid zinc alloy swivel snap and quality buckles.
- 【CONVENIENT】The adjustable buckle and the tangle-free nylon straps are very easy to attaches the vehicle headrests.Safety strap is easily removed making it the perfect dog leash for your vehicle's back seat.
- 【ADJUSTABLE LENGTH】 With adjustable straps from 60CM to 72CM ,it's suitable for small to large dogs.
- 【Attached to car headrest】The tangle-free dog safety belt quickly and easily attaches to vehicle headrests, prevent the clip(not fit buckle) releasing from seat belt buckle and cause the accident when you driving, and also prevent you dog chew the belt strap.
- 【WARNING】Please attach to a dog's harness and NOT a collar in the car.
- Wheelchair belt strap is easy to secure using the hook and loop closure
- Fits up to a 120 cm (48 in.) waist, belt is 5 cm (2 in.) wide, weighs 80 g (0.2 lbs)
- Lap belt helps you stay secure and properly positioned in your wheelchair
- Helpful wheelchair accessory when pushing chair or moving up ramp or steps
- Strap for wheelchair users including the elderly, people with disabilities or handicaps, and those recovering from injury or surgery
- 【COMFORTABLE】Fully adjustable harnesses provide optimal comfort and mobility; Wheelchair adjustable in height, length, and width
- 【SAFETY】The wear-resistant Leggings are made of soft material,safe and environmentally friendly,preventing the skin of the pet form being worn
- 【STRONG AND STURDY】The overall frame is made of aluminum alloy, which is light,strong and durable
- 【MATERIAL】Wear-resistant strap design wish sandwich mesh material,soft,fluffy and breathable
- 【DOUBLE WHEEL】Double bearing silent wheel ,wear-resitant,shock absorption higher comfort
- Journals, Crown (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 120 Pages - 11/19/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Made of three layers (polyamide, semi-rigid foam and polyester) and breathable material with webbing adjustment and fastening buckles closure indications:
- Indicated for use in patients who require a complete support to a bed, chair or armchair avoiding the freedom of the fijándolos relaxed or strong, which can be used in a single hand or both hands.
- Maximum support and safety: It is designed to provide maximum comfort to the user of a wheelchair. Provides extra support to prevent accidents and falls.
- Its pressure lock system makes it easy to put on and take off the support belt. It is attached to nylon straps that are adjusted by buckles to achieve the desired contour.
- Measurements: One size fits any chair or wheelchair. Made of very resistant padded fabric. Composition: sanity nylon and suede. adjusted by buckles.
- Its system of adjustment and closing by means of buckles allows a fast positioning, providing an adequate stability of trunk avoiding lateral displacements and sliding.
- Minimizes the possibility of the patient falling and being injured, tilted or slipping.
- Please note that it takes most pets between 1-2 weeks to grow comfortable with their new wheelchair
- Dog Wheelchair is easy to install, fully adjustable in height, length, & width, and portable due to light-weight & high-quality aircraft grade aluminum frame to provide maximum and optimal comfort & mobility to let pet enjoy walking and running with it.
- Applicable for all kinds of dogs and cats and pet with limited or no mobility in their hind legs to walk and run normally and more easily, again with confidence and independence.
- Well-designed - Enhancing the Quality of Life for my Dog and It changes your pet (and yours) life and she now has a better quality of life and it's given our lovely old lady a new lease of life!It fit very comfortably when fitted correctly.
- Dense foam wheels with rubber treads will not puncture; great for your dog to explore all terrain.
www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk - Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Top tips for buying the best harnesses for wheelchairs
With the number of companies making wheelchair harnesses and the wide variety available out there, it’s always very important to choose the best wheelchair harness for your needs. Although choosing one that’s perfect for your needs might be a bit difficult, you can still get the best. Here are some of the things that you need to consider.
• Safety is very important. The most important consideration when for any wheelchair positioning device is safety. For most users, the best harnesses for wheelchairs can help promote comfort and safety through the best positioning. Once you have determined that harnesses for a wheelchair are important then you need to ensure that you remain safe.
• Ensure that it fits perfectly well. Secondly, you need to ensure that the harness that you choose perfectly fits well. Remember the most important thing is always to ensure that it fits well and you feel comfortable while using it.
• You should always ensure that you buy the correct size of wheelchair harness. Since there are different sizes that you can always choose from ensuring that you have chosen the correct size.
• Before buying one it’s also very important to know what the doctor says about the wheelchair. This is because they have a better understanding of the type of harness that you need to buy. More so, if the user needs to sit in the wheelchair but their own torso is sliding from them you need to choose a wheelchair that can accept chest harness.
• Consider the user. Before purchasing any harness out there you also need to consider the needs of the user so you can purchase the best one. Some of the physical aspects that you need to consider include their weight, size, how active they are while sitting, posture, core strength, and pelvic stability.
• The environment. Instead of considering which harnesses for wheelchairs to use you need to consider which harness you need to use for which environment. The environments that you need to consider include indoors, outdoors, weather, access, and surface.
• Occupation performance. It’s also important when making a decision of the type of harness to buy to think about the kind of tasks that the user will engage in while using it.
If you shopping for the best harnesses for the wheelchair its handy tip to keep any that you consider inside a shopping basket so you can review later.