The Best Electrical Wheelchairs In 2020
Are you looking for a great electrical wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying electrical wheelchair, please click here.
Electrical wheelchair was invented to assist injured or someone who hasn’t got the mobility to drive due to shoulder, hand, arm or disabling conditions. It can also be used with people whose legs don’t have the strength to propel a manual wheelchair with their own feet. An electric wheelchair is also known as an electric-powered wheelchair which is propelled by an electric motor and not a manual power motor. During the world war, the electric-powered wheelchair was invented to assist veterans who were injured. An electric-powered chair is propelled by the battery through gears, pulleys, motors, and drive belts. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
Benefits of Electric Wheelchairs.
Electric wheelchairs allow people to move within and it can help people with limited mobility maximise independence in their community and home. Its benefits include;
Comfort. When you buy a 3 wheel electric wheelchair that is right there is no reason why you can’t be comfortable. Good quality powered wheelchairs are comfortable and the designs include a choice of wheels, suspension, footrest positions, cushions that are changeable. With all this means you should be able to find a powered chair that is practical and suitable.
Easy to use. The benefits of using an electric wheelchair must be the ease of using and operating it. From anyone’s point of view, who has no grip or strength a joystick comes in handy to help operate and its perfect. The best electric wheelchair lightweight hence it can fold and be transported without much effort.
Mobility. When we talk about mobility, we think about walking the physical act. If you using a , best electric wheelchair for the elderly of course, you worry less about walking.
Freedom. best electric wheelchair scooter offer travelling over the varieties of terrains with ease without a caregiver with the option of the positioning of the wheels and the types of tires. With this kind of freedom of movement comes with the positioning of the wheels of the chair. This is according to electrical wheelchair reviews.
Conservation of space. best portable electric wheelchair typically has a small turning radius thus making it manoeuvrable in small spaces. For more details, click here www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk.
Seating options. User’s chairs can be customised and have options for seating. Users of a collapsible electric wheelchair who require devices for stability and trunkcontrol can be customised with many other positioning features.
Types of Electric Wheelchairs
When it comes to electric wheelchairs for sale, there are so many in the market. Here are some of the main types that you can always find.
the wheel drive system is located on the rear side of the power wheelchair with two small sets of wheels. The drive system in the rear wheel allows greater mobility while travelling at a higher speed. The drive system has stability when it comes to taking directions.
Mid wheel drive
Its also known as the centre drive, the drive system is located in the centre below the seat of the wheelchair. The centre drive is easy to manoeuvre indoors and the tightest turning radius. It’s also stable when travelling on a flat surface.
Its drive system is located in front of the seat. The drive wheels are in the front and the small sets of wheels in the rear. Front-wheel drive electric chair can go over bumps and can curb up to 2 inches high.
How to clean and maintain electric wheelchairs
How to maintain your electric wheelchair
Since you depend on your electric wheelchair, regular cleaning and maintaining it will ensure that you keep it in good working condition for several years to come. If you want to ensure that it remains in this condition you need to have a daily and weekly routine so you can ensure that you always maintain it well. If you are unable to remain on your feet while cleaning it you need to engage the services of your family members to help you.
Your electric wheelchair toolkit
If you want to make the whole process of taking care of your wheelchair easier, then you need to have a working tool kit. Once you have all the cleaners and the tools that you need you should keep them in a box or a bag that zips so you don’t lose any of them. While you may find some specific tools in your wheelchair manuals, you may also need to add things such as
• A towel.
• Several soft cloths.
• A spray bottle of a cleaner that you can dilute with a bucket of water.
• A second bucket with some water inside.
• A flat head screwdriver.
• Phillips screwdriver.
• Allen wrench.
• Small cleaner brush or toothbrush.
• Electric wheelchair tire repair.
• A gentle and effective soap cleaner that you need to use is simple green.
However, before using the soap it’s very important that you follow all the instructions found on it. If your wheelchair has more stubborn stains such as the ones crusted on food then you need to use stronger dilute to clean it. Another good option that you can use is ammonia glass filled water.
Daily electric wheelchair cleaning
It’s very important that you wash every part of the electric wheelchair every day with either a bucket of water or with spray cleaner. You should do this once you have finished using your wheelchair. Food deposits and built-up dust can cause the mechanism of your wheelchair to rust fast. The good thing is that if you do this every day, this kind of cleaning will not take you long. Once you’ve washed your electric wheelchair you need to ensure that you go over it again with a fresh damp cloth then dry everything with a dry towel. Since you use your wheelchair regularly every day, daily cleaning will keep any dirt or oil from depositing in the crevices.
Electric wheelchair battery maintenance
Do not postpone charging your electric wheelchair battery. Even if you have not used your electric wheelchair, always ensure that the battery is charged and it has the power that you need for moving around. This will not only ensure that your battery has enough power but will also extend the battery life for as long as you want. In addition, to the nightly battery charges, you also need to ensure that you always use only the charger that comes with your battery as using other chargers can end up destroying your battery completely.
Make sure that your electric wheelchair is always dry
Anytime your electric wheelchair is exposed to bad elements corrosion is likely to occur. So you need to ensure that at any given time your electric wheelchair is kept dry. You should also take extra precautions by drying electric all components such as wire well and controller. Although it’s best not to use your electric wheelchair in the snow or rain, sometimes doing so may be necessary. If you must use your electric wheelchair in the rain, you need to wrap the power control panel with a plastic bag so you can shield it from such elements
Electric wheelchair power tire maintenance
Always try at all costs to keep your electric tires inflated at the pressure that’s recommended. You need to know that under-inflation of your electric wheelchairtires can easily cause them to wobble or even veer off to one side especially when you want to drive straight. Underinflated or overinflated tires can also end up wearing unevenly and end up affecting your wheelchair such that you may end up not enjoying using your electric wheelchair. The good thing is that nowadaysthere are several tubeless tires that you can use. Instead of an inner tube, thesetires come with a sealant coat that coats the inside of the tire. However, if you are using tubeless tires then it’s important that you maintain proper air pressure. If the pressure is to low you may end up causing flats on the tires.
Weekly electrical wheelchair maintenance
Every week you need to ensure that you follow these steps when cleaning your electric wheelchair.
• Always check if there are any sharp edges by running your hands over all the parts and then take care of that as soon as possible. If you can’t fix that problem then you need to make an arrangement so that the problem can be fixed professionally.
• Wiggle around the seat of the wheelchair to ensure that both the back and seat of your electric wheelchair is secure enough. If there are any bolts that feel lose then make sure that you tighten them well.
• While seated on your electric wheelchair check the footwell. And make sure that your feet are well supported.
• Walk around your electric wheelchair and check out if there are any wires on the wheelchair that requires some fixing. If you can fix them alone the better but if you can’t it’s important to seek the services of professionals.
• Listen to the motor of your electric wheelchair. You also need to listen to the motor of your wheelchair and check out if there is something that sounds abnormal. If you’ve not cleaned the motor cover before then you need to do that now to ensure that your electric wheelchair works well.
Bonus tip for maintaining Electric Wheelchair
• Taking care of electrical wheelchairs is crucial to maintaining and keeping them in good working conditions.
• Keeping it clean; Cleaning your power chair will help keep it clean since it gets dirty quickly and attracts dust quickly. Cleaning it regularly and often will prevent any problems from arising.
• Maintenance of the battery; since the battery is charged and you don’t then the powered chair won’t work. If the battery is fully charged then it prevents you from getting stranded. On occasion, after a long term use, some batteries and chargers need to be changed.
• Tire maintenance; worn tires are signs that they need replacement. It is important to monitor the tires and its condition.
• Motor maintenance; it’s one component that always needs to work perfectly in the power wheelchair. Regular maintenance and repairs to prevent further breakdowns and damage.
Electrical Wheelchair Brands
KD smart chair is one of the best lightweight electric wheelchairs. The kD smart chair started production in 2012. It has a convenient turning radius.
Golden Technologies. An adjustable wheelchair that breaks into a light and easy to manage pieces.
Forcemech navigator. folding electric wheelchair is the best one for the elderly. Its battery lasts long and it has comfortable seats, enough room for leg rest.
One of the best electrical wheelchair brands is the Global powered wheelchair market and is the fastest-growing market in the healthcare industry.
Check out today’s top 10 electrical wheelchairs deals below…
Top tips for buying the best electrical wheelchairs
• Ability, ease, and adaptability to be able to manage the hand controls of the chair.
• A-frame that is flexible so it can be updated with the deterioration of the user backrest.
• The size of the chair is a factor if its to be used for both indoors and outdoors the set of wheels of the wheelchair needs to small so as it can manoeuvre in the tightest radius and doorways.
• The batteries are an important factor to consider when trying to maximise battery life when managing the use of the wheelchair.
• Seating; cushioning and seating are important for the well being of the user comfort.
• Elevation; just as imperative as the ability of the powered wheelchair to be adjustable in the suitable height of the user. Height adjustments can make work easier and possible for the user, either indoors or outdoors.
• A backrest frame and electric leg rest which come as add ons to assist users who are unable to change their postures.
The provision of electrical wheelchairs is one of the noble things to do for the injured and disabled.its an important factor to people who need a wheelchair for mobility and a successful way for rehabilitation for some people. Not every electrical wheelchair meets the needs of the user. And every user needs a powered chair that meets their needs, safe, durable and suitable for their environment. Electrical wheelchair provision is for enabling improve quality of life, fully participate in community life and enable people to be mobile.
If you are shopping for one it’s a handy tip to keep any that you consider inside a shopping basket so you can review it later.