The Best Commode Wheelchair In 2021
Are you looking for the best commode wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best commode wheelchair, please click here.
A commode wheelchair refers to a wheelchair that’s designed for use in the toilet or shower so as to allow those who have limited mobility to carry out their everyday tasks with ease and without the services of a caregiver. Since the bathroom is commonplace for falls and accidents safety should be a priority when choosing these wheelchairs. As compared to other wheelchairs these ones are not just equipment that is used to move around but are also devices that can be used in the bathroom as well.
They are also important wheelchairs that add mobility to those who are recovering from paralysis, surgery or are too old to stand up or straight. Since they are suitable for PWDs they are some of the best gears to have at home. So if you are looking for a wheelchair that will make it possible for you to move around and even go to the toilet they are the best option. If you are shopping for one, click here to read our in-depth review of some of the best ones.
Benefits of commode wheelchair
• A commode wheelchair provides more autonomy for a person with reduced mobility. Very few people normally accept the idea of being helped to go to the toilet even if the caregiver is a very close person to them. The best commode wheelchair will provide them with more privacy since they can carry themselves to and from the toilet without any help. In addition, there are adjustable ones that can be put directly on top of the toilet. For more details click www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk.
• It provides more safety to these people. It’s clear that the risk of injuries and fallsamong people with limited mobility is more common in the bathroom. Thanks to the design and support bars, a commode wheelchair allows them to limit the risk when it comes to moving from one point to another. This means the caregiver will also have more secure work. It makes the trip to the toilet especially at night much less risky.
• It allows one to avoid several expenses. When a person loses his or her mobility, there are some house arrangements that become inadequate. The introduction of a commode wheelchair can, therefore, significantly delay some innovations that can end up being costly in the long run. In the bathroom, for example, a specially chosen commode wheelchair can significantly be used to replace armrests and toilet booster
• A commode wheelchair can be transported anywhere. The best commode wheelchair can also be stowed and transported anywhere. Since most of them are light and discreet, they are the best for those people who don’t want to draw attention while travelling with them. In fact, this is why you need to choose a light and sturdy one when travelling. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
Types of commode wheelchair
According to the National Wheelchair Services, there are several types of commode wheelchairs designed for the convenience and comfort of the user. Here are some of the main types in the market.
Foldable wheelchair with commode
This is a collapsible folding commode wheelchair that not only has a lightweight frame but can also be folded into compact shape and size and stored with ease or inside the trunk of a vehicle. The frame of this wheelchair is also foldable including the seats. There are also models that feature backrests and collapsible footrests.
Steel commode wheelchair
Because of their durability and folding frame mechanisms, wheelchairs are primarily made of steel frames. As compared to other commode wheelchairs, steel ones are durable, corrosion-resistant and mobile.
Reclining wheelchair with commode
A reclining commode wheelchair is made is such a way that it allows the user to recline in the backrest at a certain angle. Recliner may also come with taller backrest so that when it’s reclined it allows the user to rest in a more comfortable position. They are, therefore, suitable for those who are suffering from medical conditions such as orthostatic hypotension and severe hip extension. They are also suitable for those who can’t sit upright for one reason or another.
Heavy-duty commode wheelchair
This type of commode wheelchair is solidly built throughout its construction. It also comes with armrests and a padded seat that swings out of the way for easy transfers. Although the footrest is removable it’s not adjustable hence may be a bit high or some users. Since you cannot change the height it can be a bit difficult to use without assistance. Although it provides the best solution, it’s a bit more expensive as compared to other types of commode wheelchairs.
Self-propelled commode wheelchair
As a well made commode wheelchair with sturdy material this type of wheelchair is suitable for both the caregiver and the wheelchair user. Although it has a rubber seat with an open front for both men and women it’s still comfortable and very easy to clean. Both the footrests and armrests can also swing out the way for quick transfers. As compared to other commode wheelchairs it’s a bit taller.
Best commode wheelchair with casters
This type of wheelchair has a simple design with features that fit both users and caregivers as well. Since it has an open front, it’s suitable for both men and women. It’s not only easy to manoeuvre but also lightweight as well. The seat is also padded with a waterproof material that’s along with the backrest. Since it folds up quickly its ideal for travel and also easy to store. Although it’s light in weight, it’s sturdy and durable. Seniors can also use it without any assistance. It has a decent weight capacity but although the weight is a bit narrower.
Commode wheelchair accessories
• Invalid arm support. The invalid arm support for the commode wheelchair is constructed using stainless steel. It helps the user get in and out of the wheelchair with a lot of ease. As a useful accessory for a commode wheelchair, it prevents any injuries that could occur when one loses balance.
• Raised toilet seat. This raised commode toilet seat is made of plastic. As one of the most important accessories, it’s easy to clean and durable. Since it comes in different sizes you can always choose the one that you want.
• Commode cushion seat. This cushioned seat is designed in such a way that it offers the utmost comfort to the user. It also has extra foam padding to help one relieve pressure from the joints apart from this it can easily be cleaned using antibacterial liquid and cloth. Its strong hook and adjustable straps help to hold it in place.
• Toilet squat stool. The toilet squat stool helps the commode wheelchair user to squat in the normal position. Apart from the kids, it’s extremely useful for pregnant women sitting in the right way by using it can significantly help one to prevent constipation.
How to use commode wheelchair as a caregiver
• Before putting your loved one on the commode wheelchair ensure that the wheels are locked
• Ensure that the container is placed well under the seat.
• Put a small amount of water in the container as this will make it easy to clean later on.
• After following all the above steps it’s important to help your loved one out and let them climb the commode wheelchair. If they agree you can always stay with them for safety. You also allow them to call you when they are done.
How to clean commode wheelchair
Once your loved one is through you must clean it well. Before cleaning, it’s very important to wear a pair of disposable gloves. You should then take the bucket to the bathroom and empty it there. To clean it well you can use soap, brush, and cleanser with water. It’s advisable to always use a germ-killing cleanser when cleaning it.
Before choosing the best commode wheelchairs for sale, it’s very important to plan with your loved ones. You need to know about their health condition as this will help you choose the best one. You should also discuss the treatment option with their physician so you know how best you can go about it.
The main commode wheelchair brands
• Karma commode wheelchair. Karma is a brand that believes in doing something so they can help m those with disabilities. They not only provide quality products but also help those who are disabled to lead more fulfilling lives regardless of their disabilities.
• Kosmocare commode wheelchair. Kosmocare provides a wide range of commode wheelchairs, imported chairs, shower chairs, wheelchairs and other bed accessories for physically disabled individuals. Their wheelchairs are comfortable, easy to handle and folds easily.
Commode wheelchairs FAQs
Which is the ideal commode wheelchair to use in the bathroom?
The best wheelchair material to use in the bathroom is the aluminium. As compared to other wheelchair materials it won’t rust and will last for years and years
Which commode wheelchair should one by?
The only way to make sure that you buy a commode wheelchair that’s right for you is to ensure that you go through the description of every product. Instead of just looking at the feature you should also check the size.
Why do you need a commode wheelchair?
This type of wheelchair comes in handy to help the physically challenged and the old to comfortably use the toilet. They can also help them use the shower without any issue.
Are commode wheelchairs durable?
Although sometimes they work under wet conditions, a commode wheelchair can last as long as you want, provided you buy the right material.
Are commode wheelchairs expensive?
Just like all the other products out there some of them will be more expensive than others. This, however, depends on a number of factors.
What other benefits does the commode wheelchair provide?
These wheelchairs can help the physically challenged and the old to take shower well.
Check out today’s top 10 commode wheelchair deals below…
Top tips for buying the best commode wheelchair
• Ease of cleaning. This is perhaps one of the most important things to consider when shopping for the best commode wheelchair. Given that it will stay over a toilet, it should always stay fresh and super clean.
• Size and shape of the opening. For convenient use, the opening of the seating area should be well sized. It should not be too small or too big to make it hard to use.
• Wight capacity. You need to choose a commode wheelchair that has a weight that exceeds yours. This will not only boost its lifespan but also ensure that you are able to use it for several years to come.
• Strong construction. When it comes to buying a commode wheelchair you should not choose a product that’s rickety, wobbly and unstable. This might even become an issue when transferring the disabled person to and from the chair.
• Portability. Good number commode wheelchairs have lacking casters that guarantee safety while transferring the person in and out of the bathroom. So it’s very important to choose one that’s portable enough so you can move wit it from one place to another.
• Material. It’s very important to also consider the material used to make the wheelchair. Some of the most common materials include aluminium, plastic, stainless steel, coated mild steel, and plastic.
• Warranty. It’s also very important to consider the warranty before choosing the best one. However, when it comes to this one thing that you need to know is that you may have very limited options when it comes to returning them to the caregiver. Some caregivers may not agree to take them back. Or they may decide to charge you shipping or restocking fee or both that can be quite costly. It’s therefore important to review all the product descriptions before choosing one.
Whether you are a caregiver or staying with a person with a disability, choosing the best commode wheelchair should be your number one priority. Although they may have a few disadvantages this does not make them irrelevant. So, it’s important to read the reviews and choose one that you think will serve you well. If you are searching for one it’s very important to keep any that you get inside a basket so you can review it later. This way you’ll end up with the best one.