The Best Cheap Wheelchairs In 2020
Are you looking for the best cheap wheelchairs bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best cheap wheelchairs please click here.
A wheelchair is a chair with large wheels mounted on, in order to help a person whose walking is difficult or impossible. cheap wheelchairs for sale are used to help individuals with disabilities, illness, physical or physiological, or injury to be able to move from one place to another. Chairs come in different types and variety of formats to meet the specific needs of the user. The formats of the specific chair may include individualised controls, seating adaptions, and also be specific of particular activities. A basic wheelchair consists of a seat, four wheels: two large wheels at the back and two small wheels in front, and footrests.
Benefits of cheap wheelchairs
Some senior citizens come to a point when they realise that they need help while moving around. Assistance can be needed because of injuries, heap problems, arthritis, and many other problems. There are many benefits of wheelchairs to senior citizens who are physically challenged.
• Mobility. Individuals with disabilities become more affected when it comes to moving with own limbs, this lessens their activities resulting in an indoor lifestyle. Wheelchairs provide these individuals with the freedom to move around. Most wheelchairs are designed to move in small places enabling the individuals affected to move freely in the house resulting in an active lifestyle.
• Independence. Individuals with a disability may have a difficult time moving around and may need to lean or hold onto someone or something as they walk. The fear to fall or move around alone in the house may make a senior be lonely or isolated from friends and family members. Wheelchairs give seniors the independence to move around the house and outdoors.
• Comfort. Many wheelchairs provide comfort to seniors by supporting there back. The seniors are able to seat comfortably with strong support and good posture
• Enjoy activities. The disabled don’t have the freedom to enjoy outdoor activities because the mobility is limited. A new wheelchair user looks forward to enjoying outdoor activities the most. With a wheelchair, they are able to go shopping, go for picnics with their loved ones, visit friends, go to movies, explore park trails and so much more. Wheelchairs provide a user with an active lifestyle which results in a happier and healthier life.
• Increased socialisation. With a wheelchair, a user has the freedom that allows him or her to comfortably and safely enjoy life. With a wheelchair, it’s easy to move to and engage in social activities and visit friends without being held back. Seniors who feel isolated by friends or family members once they gain their confidence and mobility by getting their wheelchairs to look forward to engaging in outdoor activities and socialising. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
• Cheap wheelchairs for sale are affordable to both individuals and also they are easy to maintain. To senior citizens, it is beneficial because it provides mobility, great comfort, and freedom. Cheap chairs can also help gain access to the lifestyle one has been wishing for. When purchasing a cheap chair you should be able to consider if it will be able to be transported from one place to another.
• Cheap wheelchairs are mostly manually propelled thus the user may easily get tired so he/she should have a caregiver when necessary to help out. Most of these chairs have handles at the back which can be used to push the user. For these reasons, you should consider the right chair for the right job
Types of cheap wheelchairs.
These are cheap wheelchairs under 100 that are propelled by a battery and motor. They are operated with a push-button. Some of them use an advanced technology which makes it unique. They are very heavy because of the strong frames that support the battery and motor. If you looking for more details check out www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.ke.
These cheapest electric wheelchairs are propelled by the user by pushing on the metal or plastic bars that surround the wheel. A basic manual wheelchair is easy to maintain, is the least expensive to buy and is lightweight.
There are different types of manual wheelchairs;
1. Ergonomic wheelchairs – these are manual wheelchairs designed specifically for people who spend a lot of time while seating.
2. Transport wheelchairs – these are types of chairs that are designed to be pushed by another and not the user.
3. Standard manual wheelchairs – these are wheelchairs with a large back wheel with a rim for the user to propel himself.
4. Heavy duty and bariatric manual wheelchairs – these are wheelchairs designed for heavy users to accommodate their size. They are composed of a huge sturdier frame and wider seats.
There are wheelchairs designed for dogs. They help physically challenged or injured dogs to regain mobility. Many times the problem of the injured dog is the spinal cord or displacement of the hips. The back legs fit in and roll across the floor enabling the dog to move forward with the front legs.
• Beach wheelchairs – these are wheelchairs that allow the users to get into the water and provide mobility in the sand.
• Sports wheelchair – As the name suggests this is a wheelchair that is designed for sports. They are light yet very stable. They are often used in like wheelchair basketball, marathon, and tennis.
• Three-wheeled wheelchairs – These are wheelchairs are frequently used in the design of the tennis wheelchair, racing wheelchair as well as another day to day purpose of the wheelchairs. A 3 wheeled wheelchair is more stable and manoeuvrable on rough terrain than a four-wheeled wheelchair
How to take care of your cheap wheelchair
If you want to ensure the mobility, safety, and performance of your wheelchair then proper cleaning and maintenance is very important. The maintenance of your wheelchair depends on the type of use and the model of the wheelchair that you are using. It’s also important to bear in mind that there are some wheelchair features are parts that are prone to constant wear and tear.,
A a general rule, it’s important to check the tires of your wheelchair every month. You also need to check the condition of breaks and confirm that all the moving parts are working well. More so, you need to have a look at the quick-release system, the footrest, the anti-tip system and the upholstery after every 4 months. Correct maintenance of your cheap wheelchair should also entail a manual check by an authorised dealer to ensure that everything is working the way the should be.
Key elements and the basic parts that you need to check
If you check out the user and Maintainance manual of your cheap wheelchair there are certain points that you’ll find. Here are some of the key elements that you need to check out at one point or another.
Although it’s recommended to check out the breaks of wheelchair every week, once in a while you may find that your wheelchair has issues that must be checked. Breaking efficiency by an incorrectly adjusted area or poor placement of any part. If you have wet tyres this may also lead to the poor working of the breaks. It’s, therefore, very important to consider these. You, therefore, need to check thee to ensure that your brakes are always in good working condition.
Since cheap wheelchairs, front wheels are very important they should always be checked as a proper maintenance procedure while paying attention to their functionality and fit. One of the most common problems is that the wheelchair wheels do not move fluidly or if they are moving to the right and the left. For you to avoid this, you need to check that the angle and play of the wheel are adjusted well enough so that the chairs are touching the ground.
Tires and inner tubes
It’s also important for the maintenance and the mobility of the wheelchair that the inner tubes and tyers be in good condition. The tyre should also have the correct pressure to ensure that they are always performing in the best way. If the tyre pressure is too low then you may need to use a lot of force to propel it as it may not move or manoeuvre the way its supposed to. More so, if the pressure is too high the tyre could either burst of or wear slowly. Since cheap wheelchair tires are the same as those ones of the bicycles, fitting them requires the process and procedure.
Generall cheap wheelchair tips and maintenance
• You always need to check out the wheelchair tires on a monthly basis.
• You should confirm that the breaks are properly tuned and are working well.
• After every 4 months, you need to ensure that all the screws are secure. You should also confirm that all the points are in self-locking with special bolts.
• Use a mild detergent to clean the frame of the wheelchair once in a while. The cushion and the backrest should only be cleaned using water and soap. If you are in doubt you need to check the guidelines of the manufacturer
• Only use original parts or the ones recommended by the manufacturer.
• To allow for easy disable apply only a small amount of oil onto the axes of the wheelchair. Although you need to do this after every two months it should be done according to how often you use ut.
• If you are going to store your wheelchair for some time always ensure that you cover it well so it can be protected from the sun and kept at the best room temperature. Before using it again make sure you carry out a complete maintenance check to ensure that everything is working well.
Since these steps are very easy to follow you should not forget to always follow them if you want your wheelchair to work well and remain in good working condition for long.
Check out today’s top 10 cheap wheelchairs deals below…
Top tips for buying the best cheap wheelchairs.
Wheelchairs are chairs with wheels, which are used with people with difficulties with walking or impossible due to different reasons. Wheelchairs are of different types and of wide variety due to the specific needs of the user.
• Quality. When searching for a wheelchair that is cheap, you should expect the same quality in return. Obviously, the cheaper ones are not to be viewed to be of good quality and not long term types of equipment to assist the user.
• Reasons for buying the chair. One of the factors to consider is the reasons for using the wheelchair. To some, they could be using it because of illness, injury or disability so it depends on the medical needs and underlying diagnosis.
• Size. Physical body size can also be considered as a factor using the chair. It includes adults and children’s age since they require different chairs.
• Lifestyle. Someone’s lifestyle activities and habits that you regularly engage in should be considered when looking for a cheap wheelchair. This is very important especially if you plan on doing tasks and chores in the chair.
• Another factor is the terrain of the land of your property when looking for a cheap chair. For this reason, your comfort should be the best option if you plan on using the chair frequently.
• Preferences. Personal impressions and preferences when looking for a new chair. Know that your taste in the chair is an investment in mobility inside and outside your home.
• Modification. One should also consider if the modifications are easier over time when the need arises.
• Types. The different types of wheelchairs include; manual wheelchairs, powered wheelchairs, scooters wheelchairs.
• Manual wheelchairs are the ones that are lighter and easier to transport and they also have greater reliability.
• Manual chairs are cheap than the rest, itself propelled thus providing a level of exercise to the user.
The choice of a chair should depend on the way it will be used and the users’ functional limitations. It is important to keep in mind the size of the wheelchair and also consider that having it may require special accommodations. You should also consider which wheelchair works best and taking into consideration where it will be used.