The Best Blankets for Wheelchairs In 2020
Are you looking for the best blankets for wheelchairs bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best blankets for wheelchairs, please click here.
As a wheelchair user, sometimes you just need to keep warm with the best blankets for wheelchairs. These blankets are ideal for ensuring that you remain warm anytime you go outside during those cold days. Most wheelchair blankets are not only breathable and elastic but also consist of soft shell from the outside that makes both wind and waterproof. Due to these most blankets are quite unique. If you are shopping for the best blankets for wheelchair click here to read our in-depth review about the best.
Benefits of the best blankets for wheelchairs
The best blankets for wheelchairs are made in such a way that they are adapted for wheelchair users. Since their inside is made of softshell, you don’t have to remove your shoes while using them. You just need to wear the blanket and then pull them upwards so they can cover you’re your upper body and legs as well. Since the blanket will conform well to the body they will not get in the way. For instance, they will not prevent you from moving your wheelchairs.
The good thing is that they also come with a cover. This means that you can roll them up into a small package and snap them in place with the attached strap. With this, you can hang it on your wheelchair if you are not using it. This way you can always transport them with or take them with you when you are not using it. This makes you prepared for any kind of weather. For more information on this, check out www.national wheelchairservices.com for the best wheelchairs for sale.
The best blankets for wheelchairs also come in standard black or dark colours. Apart from the colour that they come with, it’s also possible to have the blanket printed with a company logo or your name.
Washing. As compared to other blankets, you can clean the best blankets for wheelchairs with a piece of cloth. Most of these blankets are also suitable for machine wash so you don’t have to worry about how you’ll clean them. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
Why wheelchair users need wheelchair blankets
While you can easily grab an umbrella when going out, this is not usually the same for wheelchair users. The good thing is that by using the best wheelchair blankets they can easily protect themselves. Here are some o the reasons why they need the best blankets for wheelchairs
• Functional fashion even when seated. Well, regardless of the shape, size, and mobility of the person, everyone must experience some sense of fashion. After all, all of us are humans. According to National wheelchair services, there arenowadays specially made blankets that are meant for only wheelchair users. These blankets not only protect them while out but also ensure that they are fashionable as well.
• They can stay stylish in wet and windy weather. With the best blankets for wheelchairs, users can also stay stylish. Apart from protecting their torso, they can protect their legs with a lot of ease. This means that their legs and bone will remain as dry as possible. More so, when the sun appears they can fold up their blankets and store them in the pocket. The good thing is that these blankets come in a variety of sizes hence you can always choose what they are looking for.
• They come indifference. If you are looking for the most suitable blankets for wheelchairs then these are the best. From leg warmer to knee length wheelchair covers you can always choose what you are looking for. They are, therefore, ideal for wheelchair users living in colder environments or lovers who stay outside. More so, the blankets come in different colours hence they can use them the way they want.
Types of the best blankets for wheelchairs
Wheelchair blanket with pockets
This nonslip wheelchair blanket will provide you with a soft feel that will definitely give you warmth. It has two handwarmer pockets, and one middle pouch one that will give you the kind of comfort that you need so you don’t feel cold at all. To prevent it from getting caught up on the wheels it has tapers at the bottom. It also comes with two looks and hooks tabs that will ensure that its securely attached so it does not slip off easily.
Crochet lap blanket for wheelchair
This type of blanket for wheelchairs is suitable for those who are wheelchair-bound hence spend a lot of time in the wheelchair. To ensure that they are cosy and soft, these wheelchair blankets come with soft and cosy crochet. Whether you are looking for blankets for your wheelchairs or just something that can keep you warm they are actually the best. Overall they are not only beautiful but also comforting for everyone. This is especially ideal for those who can’t move out of their wheelchairs hence needs to have a blanket at hand. More so, since they perfectly fit in wheelchairs you don’t have to worry whether you are buying the right one or not.
Wheelchair cosy is the type of wheelchair blanket that’s not only waterproof but also lined with fleece to ensure that it’s dry and warm throughout. Designed for warmth and comfort, it will keep out inclement weather on even the coldest days. It’s, therefore suitable for use together with the wheelchair poncho. It also comes with zipping sided covering and a back panel covering to ensure that it covers the whole of the lower body. As compared to other best blankets for wheelchairs it’s machine washable.
Huggerug wheelchair blanket
If you are looking for a warm wheelchair blanket then you need to consider this one. Available with waterproof pockets and coming in different colours you can always choose the one that you are looking for. This blanket for a wheelchair is suitable for anyone who uses a wheelchair as well as those who are looking for extra warmth while sitting at home. Although the normal blankets are designed to enclose the legs and feet, this one wraps around the back of the legs as well. Since it’s kept secure with the poppers it will not easily get caught under the wheels. Since it’s easy to put on and off you can even do this while sitting down.
Heated wheelchair blanket
In case you are looking for a blanket for wheelchairs that provides both comforts and warm then a heated wheelchair blanket is the best one to choose. It will not only save you energy but will also ensure that you are always comfortable. It comes with a battery that will ensure that your body gets the kind of heat that it needs. The heating element also comes with a strap that can be used to attach it to the blanket. Since the element provides pleasant warmth, it will protect you against the cold days whether you are outdoors or indoors. More so, if you want to move with your wheelchair its quite easy to roll up and fix with just a click. Due it this it does not take up any space and it’s also easy to store and take with you wherever you want to go.
How to clean and maintain the best blankets for wheelchairs
The best blankets for wheelchairs just like other clothing require regular cleaning. To maximise the use of comforters, fleece and other wheelchairs blankets you need to wash them at least once a month. Under the right settings, most blankets for wheelchairs are machine washable. But if you are not sure about the best cleaning method then you need to wash them by hand. Here is how to clean fleece blankets for wheelchairs.
Fleece blankets for a wheelchair are the types of blankets that have been laundered specifically to avoid damaging their softness and fibres. It’s, therefore, important to avoid washing this type of blankets for wheelchairs like a cotton blanket.
What you require for washing it
• A washing machine
• A dishwashing powder.
• A mild detergent that’s free from bleach
• A dryer
Steps to follow
1. If your fleece blanket for a wheelchair is stained, you need to add a drop of dishwashing liquid on the stain and leave it there for a few minutes. However, you should avoid rubbing the liquid since it might end up getting deeper into the blanket.
2. You can also wash your fleece blanket for a wheelchair using a washing machine by setting the machine on a gentle cycle. Although you can use warm water to wash it you need to avoid strong washing as this might cause the fleece to knot. Also, add the detergent but avoid fabric softeners since they can damage the finish of the fabric.
3. Tumble dry the fleece blanket. Once you are through with your washing you need to tumble dry the blanket. Next, unless you want to use them as soon as possible you should fold them so that you can prevent wrinkles from appearing.
Important points that you need to consider when cleaning blankets for wheelchairs
Here are some points and tips that you need to keep in mind while washing your wheelchair blankets.
• You should carefully read all the instructions on the blanket. Before cleaning your blankets for wheelchairs, it’s important to read all the instructions so you don’t end up damaging the fabric.
• Remove the dust before washing. Before washing the blanket it’s important to get rid of the dust. You can either use a vacuum cleaner or shake the blanket to remove all the dust that might have stuck on it.
• Never use bleach. Since bleach or water softener can end up damaging the blanket it’s very important to avoid using one.
• Do not manually try to wring out or squeeze your blanket for a wheelchair. Manually trying to squeeze or wring your wheelchair is not the best thing to do especially if your wheelchair blankets are heavy. Although you can dry the blankets ion dryer, it’s very important to strictly use low heat.
• Also before washing your blanket for wheelchair it’s important to remove any stains that may be stuck on it.
Check out today’s top 10 blankets for wheelchairs deals below…
- NEW MULTI-FUNCTIONAL WHEELCHAIR COZY WRAP FLEECE LINED COSY LEG COVER
- FEATURES: LUXURIOUS FLEECE LINING
- WATERPROOF OUTER SHELL
- DESIGNED TO FIT MOST MANUAL WHEELCHAIRS
- FULL LENGTH EASY RING-PULL ZIPPER
- Comfortable fleece blanket for warmth and comfort while using a wheelchair
- Comes in standard size
- Outer layer of the blanket is waterproof to prevent messes from spills
- Zips closed to seel in warmth like a sleeping bag
- Back panel provides extra warmth and padding
- With Dimension of 180x120, this fleece blanket will keeps you warm.
- Warm fleeces material, perfect as an extra blanket for cold evenings or as a camping gear.
- Soft Touch and available colours
- Reversible cosy blanket for use indoors or in a wheelchair when out and about
- One side is weather resistant
- The other side is a cosy patterned fleece (Black Watch)
- Keep yourself warm and toasty in the colder weather
- Wash at 40 degrees, can be tumble dried
- Description - Our wheelchair cover / wrap is the perfect solution for wheelchair users - large enough to cover the user, with heavy duty protection material around the bottom. Waterproof on the outside, plus our efficient lining, ensures total warmth & protection.
- Further info - The poncho works well in strong blustery winds - with its PVC coating, its great in inclement weathers, ensuring users remain completely dry & snug - its luxurious fleece adds that special bonus to a great product.
- Premium quality - Made with high quality 210D polyester with PU coating - our wheelchair cover is reliable, strong & does its job perfectly! As well, its reusable many times over - the full length easy ring zipper is definitely a plus.
- Dimensions - Weight per set - 700 grams - dimensions per set - 34 x 25 x 8 - an ideal size for wheelchair wearers, its warmth & comfort makes it a most ideal product. Fits over coats or jumpers.
- We’re here for you - We offer 100% warranty on our products - should you run into any problems with them, please do contact us and we will get back to you for sure.
- Wheelchair waterproof cosy - fleece lined. washable at 40c
- A waterproof wheelchair cosy with a pvc coated polyester outer
- 100% polyester fleece lined with a back panel for warmth and comfort for the back
- Universal fit which fits virtually all manual wheelchairs
- Extra large ring pull zip allows quick and easy to use access
- Snug Rug Throw Blanket is made of sumptuous 270gsm Sherpa fleece for incredible softness and comfort. Engulf yourself in sheer luxury.
- Machine Washable at 40 degrees. Anti-pilling on both sides. Throw Blanket Size: 127cm x 178cm. (50" x 70")
- Maximum warmth and insulation. Ideal for those cold Winter nights watching TV on the sofa.
- Keep yourself warm and cosy whilst lounging around the home and save on heating costs as the cold winter nights set in.
- Available in colours such as: Cream, Chocolate Brown, Slate Grey, Sand Beige, Plum, Mulberry Red, Racing Green, Black and more
- KEEP WHEELCHAIR USER WARM AND DRY - with a 100% waterproof shell and cosy fleece lining, this cover will keep you cosy and comfortable in all weathers
- EASY TO FIT UNIVERSAL DESIGN - easy to fit in seconds with no need to get out of the chair. Can be fitted by the user to aid independent living, where appropriate. Fits all manual and powered wheelchairs.
- REASSURING AND PRACTICAL – this cover has been designed with the wheelchair user’s needs in mind: comforting without being too restrictive for sensory issues, can withstand kicking, can be folded down to access PEGs / administer medication, contrast Velcro tabs to help with limited sight
- STUNNING DESIGNS – our fashion-led, Scandi-inspired designs are here to brighten up your day and provide a talking point – a great way to cheery up a boring wheelchair!
- WORRY-FREE PURCHASE - we are delighted to offer a 30 day money-back guarantee and 1 year warranty on all of our products. Personal customer service provided and fitting advice if required
- Material: 100% Wool. Dimensions: 172cm x 78cm. Wool Dry Clean! Blanket/Rug Comfortable and keep you warm and elegant. Fringes on each end. Washing Instructions: Dry Clean Only.
- Especially designed to keep you warm while in a sitting position
- It will not slip off thanks to it clever Velcro fastening system, simply pull open for quick release.
- The patented Lap Wrap design with it Snuggusset TM fits snugly and securely around the legs and body, preventing any gaps and draughts, thus helping to generate heat.
- Suited for use with wheelchairs or scooters and is of great benefit to anyone who 'feels the cold', has poor circulation or simply wants to feel comfortable, warm and cosy.
www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk - Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Top tips for buying the best blankets for wheelchairs
Soft and delicate yet warm and cosy, the right fleece blanket is one of the best blankets that you can buy for your wheelchair. On the contrary, if you choose the wrong one you may end up regretting why you even bought it in the first place. Here are some tips to help you choose the best one
• Weight. To ensure that you are purchasing the right blankets for wheelchairs it’s very important to check out the weight. From heavy to light, blankets for wheelchairs usually come in a range of weights.
• Materials. It’s also very important to consider the material that the blanket is made from. Remember by choosing the wrong materials, the blanket may end up not doing what it’s meant to do.
• Know the type of blanket. Before going to the market to shop for one you also need to think about how you are going to use the blanket that you are looking for. By considering this you’ll have an easy time selecting the right blanket for your needs.
• Durability. Since it’s one of the most important investments that you’ll be making as a wheelchair user, it’s also important to consider whether the blanket is durable or not. For instance, if you are intending to use it regularly then it’s very important to choose sturdy materials.
• The weave of the blanket. You also need to consider the weave of the blanket for example if you choose a blanket with loose weave it may not provide you with the kind of warmth that you need. Although tighter weave will provide you with a lot of heat it will come with less breathability hence not the best. Y knowing where you are living and how you intend to use it you can end up with the best weave.
• Size. This is perhaps the most important factor to consider when looking for the best blankets for wheelchairs. If you choose the wrong size the blanket might end up not fitting you or your wheelchair so it will just be a waste of money.
• Other things that you should consider include ease of cleaning, return policy, price warranty among others.
That’s all about the best blankets for wheelchairs. If you are shopping for the best one it’s important that you consider keeping any that you’ve found inside the shopping basket so you can review later. This will not only save you a lot of time but will also ensure that you don’t lose any good one out there.